Keep the Faith

Let It Be Me

Black. That’s all I can see. I can’t even hear anything. Am I dead?! Or on my way to death?! No! I can still feel my heart. It’s beating…but not that normal. It’s –- slow… I can hardly breathe.

I felt so weak then. I screamed, calling for help, hoping that someone would come and help me get up. I’m afraid to think that anytime, my heart would stop beating, and I’ll end up here, lying in the darkness and no one will come and get my cold body.

I tried to reach for something. But what will I reach? There’s nothing in here but darkness, silence, hopelessness. I tried to get up, but I just can’t get my body off the floor. I told myself to never give up, but I still end up lying in here, as tears run down my face.

But then, lights came on. I made some little steps backward. The lights are flashing so brightly before my eyes. I saw little shadows…there were five of them, but I can hardly see it. I stared closely at the shadows when I heard something. I can hear… is it a guitar? Oh yes, it is… and drum rolls. Then, someone was talking…that shadow in the middle. Wait! Not talking, someone’s singing, but I can’t understand anything. It would be better if I come closer.

I ran though it’s dark. Curiosity reigned over my mind and I insist to know what that is. But before I could even get closer, I heard a loud thump and found myself on the ground, groaning with so much pain.

“Watch it, kid!”

I just bumped into a guy who’s the same age as me, dressed in black with eyeliner over his blue eyes, and piercings on his face. He wasn’t alone. He’s with…his friends? Maybe, they’re his friends. All of them have the same look...sort of like corpses. It’s kinda frightening, really.

“I’m so sorry.” Trying to get up, expecting that anyone of them would help me to.

“Let’s get outta here! Just a waste of time!” With disgusted faces, they walk off.

My eyebrows met and asked. “What’s going on here?! Who are they?!”

“It’s a show, cretin! They’re a band from somewhere that I don’t give a fuck about!”

“Then, why are you all leaving? The show mustn’t be through yet?!”

“Well, who the hell cares if isn’t through yet?! It’s very disturbing! Lame, that is.”

Oh, yes! I’m at a show! But why almost everyone’s leaving? I’ve been hearing same reasons from them. Is there anything wrong with the band, or should I stay, with them - those teens?

“Gerard! Wohoooo!” There were still bunch of girls screaming and jumping with joy near the stage.

“Gerard! You’re so hot!” a girl screamed

“So Sexy! Mikey!Gimme Babies!” the other one added.

“Huh?!—what?!” With so much shock, my eyebrows curled. I didn’t expect that someone would say that.

Are those five men in front sexy dancers or entertainers?! Are they prostitutes?! Why do these bitches in front of me want babies from them? They were like hungry monsters drooling before a delicious meal. With their sticky stares at the five men, I draw back. But who will watch the show then?! It seems that no one’s willing to hear them play…these girls all wanted to stare at their asses, drooling.

I opt to listen to them, even just now. I, not only look, but scrutinize every move they make. They’ve been so really dedicated on what they’re doing. After all the bashing, people, particularly teens, have thrown on them, here they are, standing still, strong and determined to continue what they’ve started. Through their moves and voices, I can see how hard they’ve tried to keep people, like me, to stay and stand up, willing to find the message behind their music. By his voice, I heard his heart, beating so slowly. It’s about to break into pieces, but I can feel, he never wanted to give up. Though he looks sick and already tired of this, he found no reason to surrender.

“Why?!” I asked myself after realizing what they’ve done. “Why do these people lose their faith on them?”

Is there someone still willing to keep their faith?!

“Yes, there is!" And there was silence. "Let it be me."
♠ ♠ ♠
My first entry. Thanks to The Rumor for helping me. Thanks to MCR for giving me inspiration.