Keep the Faith

You Are My Hero, Now, Always, And Forever

I looked around me, trying to see in the utter darkness. I could not see anything than black. I crawled, searching for the light but it was useless. I could not even find a way to get out from the darkness of my empty heart. I could not feel a thing, I could not think of anything. I just wanted to get out, to get free from a grip of invisible hands. I gaped in the air for something I could not see, hoping the angels would come to save me. Hopes remained as hopes, I was alone and insecure. Nothing, no one, and nobody would come to take me away, to take me home to a safer place.

I crawled in silence, trying to utter a sound but nothing came out. My throat felt as if it was burning each time I tried to speak. I tried to call for help, but all that came out from my mouth was air, no voice, no nothing. Tears started to burn down my cheeks. It felt like fire was burning my face. It hurt and I just wanted all this to end up right now. Somehow, I knew, it was far away from over. I needed to fight myself to keep surviving.

I tried to get up but end up falling to the cold floor. I tried again, again, again, and again. Finally, I gave up. I was not going to make this. I was all alone in a dark, cruel world of my own. My eyelids became heavier. Maybe, after I slept forever, things would be over for good.

Before I could even close my eyes, a bright light shone brightly straight to my face. Then, I saw your hands opened for me. I smiled, for the first time. The light had brightened the whole place. That was when I realized that I lived in a beautiful place. I never saw it before. I was too busy searching for the light and it came today. You brought it into my life. You saved me from myself. I took your hands and held them tight, refusing to let them go. I promised the myself that I will never let them go, no matter what happen, no matter how much time changes.

Now, I look at you. Your smile had gone, long ago. Your once beautiful spark hazel eyes had become almost lifeless. You seem exhausted. You are sinking. I can see it. You tell me everything is fine, everything is okay. I cannot believe you. I can see it through you eyes that you are lying. You try to convince me that you are fine. You cannot lie to me though. I know you need me. I know you need someone to hold on to, I know you need some faith.

You should always know that I am always there for you. I will always hold out my hand for you to reach. You were my hero far back before and you are still my hero now and forever. I will never let you fall. I will never let them hurt you. Take my hand and be my hero again. I know, you are just a man, not an angel but for me, you are just perfect to be an angel in my heart.