Keep the Faith

Lost and Found

The page is blank. It’s screaming, yelling, fucking killing me to do something with it.
And I should.
But, oh the world is spinning.
She feels out of place. Wrong thing to be writing. Not here.
The worst fan you could ask for, one of those cynical beings who just doesn’t give a fuck anymore but omigod I used to love MCR!

What do I know about keeping the faith?
What do I know? I know nothing. Completely nothing. I’ve lost faith in everything I’ve ever put my heart, my soul, myself into. My lack of perseverance, I have often blamed on the band. I get so scared. Of change, of betrayal, of—something.
She feels wrong. Fake. Stupid. Dumb.
I lost it.

I was at the forefront of the oh they’ve changed mentality.
I was always in love with the music, but I didn’t know about the rest…
Killing the creations I put my own faith into with the very spirit that had created them.
So intensely in love, but so suddenly nonchalant. Like everything I loved didn’t matter.
She feels pain. Words aren’t coming. Sorry.
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so fucking sorry.

Where the faith turned up once again, I’m not sure. Somewhere in the lost and found of my soul, it just popped up and wouldn’t go away.
Starts with a spark, like that of a lighter, and steadily grows. To a candle. A torch. A fire. A bonfire. The arson of a million skyscrapers.

She feels clean. Pure. Finally it’s out. The pressure ebbs and flows now, like the tide. Not as bad now. It’s better to say things finally.

Lost the faith. Kept it in the end. Displaced it.

**

It was her, who found it. They were the ones who inspired it again. Those who had had no doubts in their faith.

To be so devoted would seem impossible. To be more patient would be impossible. The sanctity of every thought, devoted to you, each one more pure and heartfelt than the last. It’s a religion, a reaction, a romance. Something I don’t possess, something I wish I possessed.

You can live by the ethics of its only music, they’re just a band. But in the long run, where will that get you? You’ll be lost, beyond hope and eventually die of starvation. Die starving for the satisfaction that you will never know.

They who kept it alive deserve everything.
To be acknowledged, to be thanked, compared to everything else, they shine. You can almost literally see a halo.

There have been lives saved, stories written, tongues tied and concerts attended. Shirts have been bought, friends have been made, alliances have been formed. All for the sake of loving a band.

**

Why?
I never kept the faith before in my life. Not in anything. Hardly in God, never in a band, never in myself. And why would now be any different. They’re just a band.

But when something like five guys can bring so many together, so many who have little in common and live across the world, there’s a reason. When the haters are rough but the walls of defense are thick, there’s a reason.

It originally was only going to be playing out your hearts and souls, for maybe a reason, for maybe a chance, that one day, someone might care. Now it’s instilling the faith, inserting it into a soul, like a microchip. And from there, you can only hope.

When five men can bring so many people together, there’s a reason to keep track of the faith that I seem to have lost.

Don’t worry. I found it. It was always there. Just hiding.

Keep the faith in your fans, because they’ll always have faith in you.

She feels better.