Keep the Faith

Doubt

Sometimes, he lost sight of why they were doing it at all. There were days were he would get out of bed and question if anything was worth it.

He wondered if he just finished the band now, end before it got any worse, or they became any more mainstream (which, of cause, would fuel the rumours that seemed to be haunting him with a vengenance), people would just forget. If they would just forget all about him, and everything he had done.

That's what he wanted, he was certain. He had dreams of a normal life, a life without "fans", internet rumours and people who hated him without knowing him. When he had got married, in his mind he had dreams of an almost fairytale lifestyle. Everything finally felt perfect. He'd found love, something he had thought impossible. He had no doubt that him and his wife could have the life he'd always dreamed of.

But they wouldn't let him have that. Of course they wouldn't. If his attention wasn't soley focused on them, they would never be happy. They felt it was perfectly within their right to mob him at airports and stalk him from a autograph, but yet when it came to the things that mattered, they couldn't care less.

He longed for the days before MTV and arenas, when every fan was like a friend and internet drama was reserved for big-time celebs and tabloid couples. He sometimes felt maybe the fans were right. Perhaps he had become everything he had ever fought against. Maybe they weren't so wrong afterall. Maybe he had lost himself. And, it seemed, he'd taken the majority of his fans down with him.

That night, he was ready to just leave it all behind. Leave the band that he had always loved so much, and run away to some tiny country were the words "My Chemical Romance" didn't mean a thing. Leave behind the hate, the doubt. Just go and hide away somewhere. Would anyone even notice if he was gone?

He was certain that was to be his last show, his last show with the band that had shaped who he was. Tomorrow, he would announce he was leaving the band, end it while it still had some credability. He doubted anyone would care.

But is was a just one banner in the crowd that made him stop and think, and all of a sudden, he had a thousand memories of teenagers he didn't know - His fans - Who cared. Fans who waited patiently for hours to shake his hand and just say "thank you", fans that were happy as long as he was. Fans that lived through name-calling and abuse every single day just for his sake. Fans that cared enough to defend him while the rest of the world turned their backs on him.

He smiled. That one phrase that was written across that banner, in colors so bright and vibrant and proud, was all he needed to be reminded why he was doing this afterall.

Keep The Faith.