Keep the Faith

Last April 9, I gave you my heart.

The corona of the moon, contrasting the spectrums of irrevocable neon hues, sewed a pathway through the streets and obeyed the falling of ribbons of glacier cold rain, shattering and collapsing down from the eyes of the clouds. The blue corn tranquility of the skies were sharply demanding chaff against the wind and mustering tin and aluminum precipitation in the apse of the sky.

Gerard Way, unsheltered by any veil of an umbrella's shade, ran to a nearby alley to confide shelter in.

The rush of his running and the wind breathing onto his faint skin was seconded by the flourish of dew-dropped puddles and showering upon breaths of damp earth and ascending breeze.

The throbbing of his arms, the aguements fueled by concussion, and unrelenting pain assaulted waves of infuriation and commending chronic convulsions which were warping through his entire system. His night felt worsened by the discomfort of the falling rain. The retreat from one side to the other smeared tougher sides than predicted.

His eyes, glowing yellow and adjacent to flaxen incinerated like butane on Arsenic, the saccharine copper tracery of his cranberry-colored veins, and spatting blood through every silver corn mauve violence wield upon his eyes. The combination of the chilblains furrowing upon the earth and his undying nature of medical instigation to replenish his sanity were never simpatico and sickened him even more, demeaning coronary wounds to imbue deeper into his vital flesh.

He made a very stable reason on his retreat from his shelter and homing habitat. Since he was informed his appalling addiction to drugs and pills, he had no reason to be alive on this earth, according to his emotions.

He wasn't unbeknown-st of this profound realization, but from conceding the aid of his pediatricians, for days he was misled by shock and agony, trying to rival with his decisions and making the matter worse. He tried to seek help from his family and friends, but nothing seemed to recall recovery. He felt his reactions toward his ordeals were to violent for anyone to encounter, which lead him to the decision of running away from home.

From the departure of his former residential estate, and now unbeknown-st of the vague paths to life by confiding home and shelter in alley ways and boarding lines falling off from the edge that sideways formed, Gerard was uncertain about who he would turn into.

He admitted, his life was much better put in a home than left out to be staken by melodrama and neurotic pangs. Yet the irony of his satirical reminiscences rivaled with his fettle, and he concluded having to rough with crashing winds, lack of tamed shelter and food seemed much more gratifying than wanting to put his family and friends in violent situations only because of himself.

He only wanted all of them to remain safe and sane, not worrying about his whereabouts and his sudden vanishing.

"God...i-it's cold tonight..." He sobbed, trying to cope with his surroundings. His sanguine side was lissomely smote by the raining blizzard smiting him. He crouched down in the floor of the alley, ominously dissipated by what was occurring in the plethora of his world.

The moon's anemic light shone onto him again, opening up a labyrinth of clouds and gradually ceasing the rain. The pigments of gray and tainted red blurred his vision, and the fleshy dust in the air screened an obscene blackness, fuzzy against his eyes.

Faded memories started clearing up, becoming broader and sharpening their tongues at Gerard, reminding him in a mantra of undying merciless attitude, that he was pathetic and would never repair his life even if he prayed about it.

"Gee! Gerard! Where are you?" Gerard could hear these ascending words derived from the further distance capaticized by a probable estimation of a few blocks away.

He could not differentiate on whether it was a cessation, or a peak of reality. Whatever dimension of time it was, Gerard felt too indulged in wine and drinking to even scuff out the realism in the hallucination.

At hearing these, Gerard never wanted to answer back. Instead, he melted into the background of the alley, crying his pain out from his eyes, silently commencing his disdain as the voice sewed its trail.

His cigarette ignited eyes went yellow with infuriation, paranoia, and profanity. Throbbing so ever vigorously frustrated, an inner monstrous being arose from him, martyring anger and mendacity.

"Gerard! Where are you!?" Words lacking deeper meaning through verbal judgment, but enthralling emotion in persona, echoed from the silhouettes binding together in the distance.

"Don't find me here...Please...go away..." Gerard angrily sobbed, tears corroding the flesh masking his skull.

He wouldn't sacrifice another night having to spend it with his friends and family and sub-consequentially marring them in the process. He would rather live his own life than retreat and surrender insane anger and vain acts of hypersensitivity toward his family and friends and deliver pain and anarchy in doing so.

His life was on serrated choices--a world of his own or with those with lives on the line all because of him. He felt like a prisoned puppet with a life manipulated by insolent freaks and making him suffer as if he were an automaton. He hated his life since he made that decision, and he won't want to return to living up to that nightmare ever again.

"Please...don't...ever...find me here." Gerard's trembling, shaky voice intrigued with much horrendous fulfilled tears flourishing damp tear stains on his face.

His life was unfair. Unfair for him, that he was not bes town with much chance to do things on his own and had his parents to bottle up all these shallow elements in one person and grace it to him.

Unfair for him, that he had not even found a true purpose in life's predicaments and disdains. In realization that what he was dreaming of was only a cessation measured by only factual and realistic elements, Gerard continued sobbing. He begged for a reason how he could fix his sadness and mend his melancholy to a more joyful, engrossed estate.

Pleading to the clouds above, Gerard looked for the eye of the blue corn moon concealed in the hairsbreadth of clouds euphoria over the mask of the moonlight. He trepanned for an answer that could explain why he was never sure of his decisions before, but soon knew everything cleared up after tonight.

"God...I need a purpose in life...I can't lose myself now...I don't want to retreat to anyone and hurt them...please..." Gerard groaned against the damp soil, praying with much more heart to offer than only the mortal organ inhabiting in his mortal husk.

Evidently, Gerard never understood the frailties of his disowned world. He never wanted anyone to worry about him, so he didn’t tell anyone. It felt so hard to live apart from his family. All because of drugs and pills. What he was so afraid of the most...was that he might never see them again.

He would never be married.

He would never hug Mikey again.

He would never be an inspiration to his fans of My Chemical Romance again.

In fact, he was so embarrassed he was not an inspiration to anyone anymore. Everything changed to rapidly, he had no time to say goodbye and miss it for a while. But he only left for a good reason.

He left for love.

"Hey, you okay?" An effeminate voice called toward Gerard, sweetly riveting Gerard's inebriated attentive to her's. The drizzling of the rain pattered onto the cold, barren ground, embossing a dome of misty maelstroms of humid suffocation palpitating on the earth, yet coldly smiting pure and white onto the whole domain.

"N-not...sure..." Gerard throbbed, his blood bottling and clamming up as he was freezing the subjugation of blood lust into his veins and mortally standing as only a wounded individual organ composed of tendons, ligaments and fleshy muscles that held fresh ribbons of hemoglobin and wasted corpuscles.

The lady kindly did not exhibit iniquity, and placed her hand on Gerard's chest plate and felt his heart's corpuscles jibing and spatting cranberry blood, profusely diminishing a solid momentum and rapidly beating to a elliptical thrust. Kerfuffle and adrenaline racing each vein and capillary repeatedly in untamed beating.

She knew this man was troubled.

She knew something was wrong, but that never meant she couldn't save him.

Rehashing off her jacket, she latched it over Gerard as she conceded an umbrella that veiled the trembling man and herself to defile the rain.

An evening like this was spent with the aversion from shelter, warmth of familial greetings and regards, endless raining of torrential downpours of countless active pastilles of rain tears and only the somber red glow of neon emblems and the corona of the moon to provide as his light and spectrum of radiance.

Gerard had a very sudden urge to weep, but her eyes comforted him as he embraced his harried soul and latched her arms around his throbbing frame. Surprised by this remedially healing act of altruism, Gerard flustered into tears and gradually wrapped his arms around her in his reply.

Even if it seemed like she had no allege in wanting to help him in puritanical actions, Gerard gave plaudit to her benevolence.

"Thank you..." He solemnly sobbed, tears inking his cheeks and displaying pungent tear stains washed on the canvas of his face.

Streaks of translucent rain splashed onto his eyes, incinerating tears from the brinks of his pupils and running down his cheekbones.

"It's alright. You'll be okay. I'll help you. Miracles happen everyday. All you have to do is believe. God has a plan for you, I know it. I'll help you learn. I'll help you be fresh and sober once more. I'll never let you take that fall." She smudged the tears off his pale face. "You can stay with me, if you want. Or are you going home?"

"I wish I could. But I'm high on drugs nowadays...I usually react in violent matters when it comes to these, so I decided to run aWay. I only did that because I loved them...I didn't want them to get hurt. Now, I don't know where to go, where to live. It's like I don't have any good choices anymore... And I'll never pull through with my life in the end because...I messed it up...I destroyed it..." Gerard continuously cried, the girl trying sincerely to help him and summon the faithful side of him.

In augmenting words of faith and godly righteousness, the girl said, "Never say that to yourself or to me. I am helping you to get a chance, after all. Even if you would hate me, blaspheme me and tried to even hurt me, I'd still love you so much to give you another chance. I've been here to regain the aim of showing you that you'll always gain a second chance. But there'll come a time you can't receive another second chance. That is when you should realize your sins and gain in yourself that confession to mend your bad deeds. God knows when you will change. You can change, sweetheart. You just need faith."

"Thank you. You have been so willing to give me one more decision. I'm glad I chose the right one." Gerard beamed, as tears furrowed in his eyes once more. All these embossing emotions bottled all of Gerard's indignity and simultaneously, allowed the flow of calm and mild regradion to veil him.

His tears started to cease as the rain melted and surrendered silence to bestow upon him a reverberation from the aftermath of his contusion. Someday, he would learn to adapt to an environmental term of shelter such as this. And maybe someday, he shall learn to live with what obstacles reality might plant on the soil of his world.

He begged for a life of redemption, and that he shall receive such in some passel in time. He yearned for a momentum to cascade his ascent of independent duality. And that he was bestown with an answer to his endless pleading. So endless, not even the fragments of time could acquire this predicament's proceeding future.

But little did he know, that his fall would someday lead him to unmeasurable faith and a new life all over again.

"I needed someone to help me. You could, would you?"

"Of course. I'd do anything to help you."

"Thanks. Faith is probably all I will ever need now...You sure you would? You're not afraid I might mar you?"

"You are most welcome. And, why would I be? I love you. You are a very special person, and as vulnerable as you are now, I can help you see the eyes of the Lord."

"Thanks alot. I'd like that. I almost forgot...my name's Gerard. Yours?"

"Oh yes, I am Xanne."