Keep the Faith

What is Faith?

I lay there in bed. I didn’t know what was wrong with me, or why I was acting in such a way. There was something wrong with my life, I guess, in order for me to have felt this way. I felt like crawling in a whole and just sleeping. Such looks I got yesterday when I said anything about the saviors. They look at him and see another man. They look at them all and see a band. Yes, he is a man, and together they are a band. But they aren’t just men. They aren’t just a band.

I sank further into my thoughts, wondering what my mind was creating for me. The feeling I had could be an illusion. It could be a lie, just because I see things through a different set of eyes. Sunlight peeked through the curtain. Faith is believing without knowing. I didn't know what was wrong with me. But I will always have a part of me saying it’s okay. I didn’t know if everything what it seems. Light began to fill my room, more and more as the minutes ticked by. More thoughts flooded my mind…

The hope I held in my heart that things were okay has been chipped at every day. Every day, it is scratched at by society’s menacing claws. Every day, each comment on my life impacts me completely.

Faith is believing without knowing…

My faith has nearly been diminished. But not completely. I didn’t know what was real. But, I do now. I know that faith is real. Faith keeps you alive. I have faith that these men will always be there for me, when no one else is.

So many,
Bright lights they cast a shadow,
But can I speak?
Well is it hard understanding,
I'm incomplete?
A life that's so demanding,
I get so weak.
A love that's so demanding,
I can't speak.


They’re just going to keep doing it. With every stanza and line, with each emotion and faith, with each guitar and drum stick, they’re going to keep doing it.

You just have to have a little faith.

Thank you, angels, for never truly giving up.
I have faith you’ll never stop.