Keep the Faith

The Right Frequency

There’s something very wrong with the world. You can sense it, can’t you? Every day. It’s in your head, your heart, fluttering, twitching, making you squirm mentally. It paints that concerned almost grieving look on your face every time you stop and think about it.

There’s something definitely wrong.

You can see it.

It shows in statistics and numbers.

400,000 visited the Emergency room because of self-inflicted injuries in America 2001. The number of deaths for the whole year in total landed at 30,622. And that’s an average of 83.9 per day. And the U.S is far from worst off.

The casualties for the US soldiers in Iraq are up at about 1720. How many civilians died, you might ask. But no one cared to count I’m afraid. Too many anyway. Far too many.

Every year around 15 million children die of hunger. Every 3.6 seconds someone dies from starvation.

Approximately 18.8 million American adults, or about 9.5% of the U.S. population age 18 and older, are affected by depressive disorders any give year.

It shows in numbers.

And it shows in people around you. They are broken they are beaten they are damned. They stagger on, limping bodies dragging hollow hearts along for the ride – a Ferris wheel of agony, spinning slowly, creaking, heaving, sighing. Screeching metal protesting. But it moves ever on.

You even notice it in yourself. How it seeps like a thin, dark mist inside your body. How it crawls like cockroaches through your mud-filled veins and slithers like twisting turning snakes inside your belly and flies like rainy night sky coloured birds in your head, crowding it with their shirks and their flap-flap-flapping wings.

The world just seemed to be lost in a static blur. And our lives are the most out of tune, shrilling, bitter tasting symphonies. Orchestrated by notes that where lost and left over.

You want to pick up that one clear note you can find, don’t you? To create something beautiful. A musical piece all starry velvet nigh skies, nightingale song, feathers linked together to form angel wings, friendly smiles and open arms and simultaneously beating hearts – a single wine-coloured and dew sprinkled rose.

A sole, magnificent flower – hope.

It may become shrouded in veils of black, wrapped in oddity, obscurely hidden behind non-conformism. All unique, new and glistering. Perhaps not everyone will understand what’s hidden in its core. Maybe some will fail to see what pulsates beneath its means of communictaion.

Don’t give up.

This world needs heroes. You may not want to be one. Afraid you’re not worthy, doubting that you could be anything that splendid, troubled by the thought of failure – to fall, crash and burn, ripping those how believed in you down with you. Whatever the reason you need to know: you may not understand it, you may not see it in yourself, but there’s no doubt that you’re somebody’s hero.

This world needs someone like you. Someone who wants to make a difference, want to see this world changed, want to save people. Someone who can tune the music and bring some harmony into this car wreck metal against metal, thunderstorm raging and hollering, broken speakers buzzing song.

Could you be that person?

Would you be the one who can find the right frequency in the static?

Please

never stop being

a

hero.
♠ ♠ ♠
To all KTFers.

To everyone who saved me.

To every band that saves lives.

To every band who make a positive difference.

To every person that have ever been there for me.

You’re my heroes and I love you endlessly <3