Keep the Faith

Bluebells

Her black and beaded necklace hung over her red t-shirt, with black strands of hair in random places on her shoulders. Her appetite was gone. Fully gone – she knew why. She knew exactly why. She let out a small sigh and picked up her fork again. The fork danced over the peas and potatoes around the plate, not moving towards the plate but towards her head. Her green eyes stared at the fork. Then, she dropped the fork. It flew down into a small potato.

She raised her head and looked at the members of her family watching her.

“Please, don’t look at me,” She squeaked. “Please don't.”

This had been one of the first times she had used a word like this, in a long time. It was also one of the first times she had been calm in that long period of time.

“You have to eat something, kiddo,” Her father stated, looking at her food. “I thought you liked meat.” This was incorrect, though.

“Dad, I’m a vegetarian. Stop being stupid.” She said, and walked out of the room. Instead of storming up the stairs to her room, like what is usually expected of a teenager, she walked into the garden.

Her eyes caught the attention of a bluebell, in which she loved. She bounced over to it and looked deeply at it. Her eyes started to water.

“P.S, I wish you were here.” She whispered, a tear dropping into the dirt where the bluebell was. Her 15 year old body stood up and carried on the journey down the garden.

She looked up at the sky, the moon starting to appear. This reminded her even more.

“Your fans are gone. Mostly. I’m not. I’m still here, waiting for you. I…I love you…” She said up into the sky, although her hero wasn’t dead. “You’re my saviour. Thank you so much, Gerard Way.”

Although her hero couldn’t hear this, or knew she said this, she’s still happy. She still believes.