Mid-Day Delusions

The Birds

With blood running down veins and tears falling off cheeks, I’m sitting here with my heart on plate. I’m playing my mind on an old jukebox machine. Why don’t we dance to the melodic misery and sing with the solemn song? From outside my windows the birds are starring, their tiny bead black eyes are watching. My mouth’s full of words, chock to the brim full of thoughts that I’ll never be able to scream.

I’m in love with myself, but myself hates me; she’s in lust and in love with someone else. I’ll serenade her ‘til my throat bleeds and I’m lying sore and breathless on the balcony floor. I’ll watch her with the owls from outside her window, my body turned away but my eyes still starring.

It is a simple thing to love but lust, oh lust! it is a dangerous and complicated thing you know. It will slice deep into your body leaving you itching and burning, desiring something you might never have. It’s an insatiable hunger that bubbles in the pits of your stomach, devouring you from the inside out. Now lest you believe, that I’ve ever experienced this myself, I’ll turn you away now. No, I only know love, my one loyal friend that I’ll feed to you from my heart.

Please now, could you change the song? This is an unfortunate tale, one that tells of a child left behind, to meet the world under the hand of a god. She’s scared and she’s lonely; her parents and blind and blissfully unknowing, as the god guides her down a path she’ll never forgive nor forget. It is unfortunate I tell you, not for someone with a heart such as you. It is for those with a core just like me- see I can show you! It’s just a slice here and a pin there, and my hearts on display! It’s cold and it’s black, but broken it’s not, my mind may be for it seems to be skipping. It’s skipping, and skipping, and telling a story on repeat; can’t someone turn that racket off?