Status: One shot for a contest. :D Comment!

Dance Partners.

The Perfect Moves.

Dancing was their passion. No if's, and's, or but's about it. They needed it to survive. Both of them. That's one of the many reasons they were together. It's also one of the many reasons they aren't together anymore.

Jason was into his work. It came first; it had to. When you choreograph dances for some of the biggest stars, you can't just blow it off. But when that's all you ever talk and think about, you forget about other important things too. Like family an girlfriends. So Kendra broke up with Jason.

He didn't know why she would do such a thing. He thought everything was going perfectly. Wrong. He thought she didn't mind him being so in love with his dancing. Wrong. She supported it, but he canceled their plans every time they had any. She got fed up, and broke it up.

He wants her back now. He needs her back. And he promises he won't be the same.

-.-.-.-
Kendra walked into the familiar dance studio and set down her bag. Jason was already there, along with most of the dancers they taught. "Took you long enough," Jason said in a joking tone. Kendra faked smiled at him and stood in front of the class, signaling for them to get in their positions. Jason stood by Kendra, looking equally focused.

Jason had an idea to get Kendra back. And he almost knew for a fact it would work.

"Alright, you know what to do. Warm up dance." Kendra said to the class, her hands on her hips, and her hip cocked to the side. Danny, who played and paused the songs for them, pressed a button, as clicks started to sound. Kendra swiftly took off her hoodie, leaving her in just a sports bra, and danced along with the class to "Love Game" by Lady Gaga.

Kendra knew why she was dancing along. Jason knew too. To drive him crazy. He loved the way she danced. It made him want her. Bad.

The way she swayed her hips to the beat, the way her facial expressions stayed soft and how her ponytail flipped around as she made movements. He admired her ways.

She made up this dance, and had it down pat. It wasn't too hard, and it wasn't too easy, so she used it to warm the class up and stretch them out.

She stopped halfway through to look at the other dancers moves. She narrowed her eyes at one student and walked over to her, and showed her how to move her feet. After walking back to the front, the music stopped, and everyone started to let out the breaths they had been holding in.

"Very good." She spoke. Right before she was about to say something else, Jason stopped her. "Okay, I have a new dance I want you guys to learn." He said, grinning over at Kendra, "It's a partners dance."

"We haven't gone over this." Kendra whispered harshly to him. He smiled, "It doesn't matter, " He took her hand in his, "Just free style with me. Like the old days." He said. She pursed her lips and grunted "Okay".

"Alright, I want you to find a partner, and just dance around a little bit. 'Kay?" He said to the class. They all nodded and got into groups of two. Jason nodded at Danny, signaling to start the music. Danny hit his button, and then the song started.

1, 2, 3, 4
Hey, hey, oh
Hey, hey, oh
It's you, and me, moving at the speed of light, into eternity.
Tonight, is the night, to join me in the middle of ecstasy.
Feel the melody and the rhythm of the music around you, around you.
Imma take you there, imma take you there.
So don't be scared, I'm right here baby.


It was like old times. Kendra and Jason moved in sync with each other like it was rehearsed. They just knew where there feet needed to go. Their bodies were wired to move the same way. They were the perfect dance partners.
Jason's hands collided with Kendra's as they danced closer. Just the way Jason had planned. He's bringing her in, showing her they were meant to be.

The song was about to end, so Jason brought out their signature move. He twirled her around, and then spun her back into his chest as the song ended. Everyone else laughed at there poor attempt to free style dance, while Kendra and Jason eyes were locked on each other.

Danny cleared his throat, which immediately caused them to pull away from each other. Jason was smiling, while Kendra was blushing. "Take a five minute break." Jason said and looked over at Kendra, who was leaning against the mirrored wall. He walked over to her and smirked.

"You did that on purpose." She laughed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I love you, Kendra. You know that." He said. She looked down and nodded. "Come on, please be my sexy dance partner again." He said. She giggled and pushed him playfully.

"You saw he way we moved together. You can't deny that we were meant to be dance partners. And I know you love me Kendra. Come on, give me another chance." He said.

He was right. The way the clicked on the dance floor, it was just natural. She smiled to herself, "Okay."

His face lit up and he squeezed her tightly. "Yay! I knew it would work!" He squealed. Everyone looked at them funny and one whistled. Kendra's face turned bright red. She walked over to the front of the room and started to teach them steps again, with Jason right by her side.

It would always be like that. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! :D
<3

Credit: The song is "Forever" by Chris Brown.