Sequel: Brilliant Lies
Status: Complete

Not Your Enemy

Fools in Love

Image

“Pu-lease!” Ruby joked, yelling just as loud as Tobi so the other would hear, “I’m sure it would have encouraged a little action on your part.”

“Get dressed; dinner’s about to start and then I’ll grill you about what was going on before bed.”

Ruby closed her window and began to look for clean clothes. She first found her underwear and she got dressed quickly. She knew Saline wanted her on time for dinner. She found some body spray and quickly applied it on her.

She got out of her room and ran into her aunt Mary.

“Where the fuck have you been?” she asked Ruby.

“At a friend’s, I’m going over to Tobi’s for dinner.”

“Uh-huh, be back before 12, it’s Sunday, you have school tomorrow,” she pointed her finger at Ruby.

Ruby raised a single eyebrow, but didn’t want to argue, so she nodded and head out of the house. She quickly to Tobi’s. She was welcomed by Saline. Tobi was still up in her room.

Ruby and Saline gossiped about Tobi’s new boyfriend.

Ruby told Saline how Tobi was more happy ever since Jasper was in her life.

“What about you, Ruby?” Saline asked. “I hope you’re not still with that awful boy.”

“Dalton? Nah, I dumped his ass, and got this,” she pointed to her black eye and laughed.

“Your humor is very crude sometimes, Ruby Juliet Charleston,” Saline scolded.

Ruby laughed.

“What’s the laughing? I wanna laugh,” Tobi joined them.

“Oh, it’s nothing Autumn-October,” Ruby said with dramatization. “we are merely discussing adult, mature stuff.”

Tobi laughed, hard. “Oh, that is funny. You? Mature?”

Ruby raised an eyebrow. “Okay, okay, shut up now.”

At dinner, Saline asked Tobi some questions about Jasper. She was grilled for about ten minutes before Tobi smartly changed the attention from herself to Ruby.

“Oh, and Emmett and Ruby just make the cutest couple ever,” Tobi cooed.

“You’re cheating on me?” Holden gasped in shock.

Ruby rolled her eyes. “Holden, if you were the last man on earth and I was the last woman on earth, I’d still would never get with you.”

“Ouch,” Hannah laughed at Holden.

Holden’s face turned red.

Tobi chuckled.

“All right, children, calm down,” Saline ordered. “Now, this Emmett, I’m guessing he’s a Cullen as well.”

“Yes, he’s a Cullen.”

“Wasn’t he with that blonde girl? Rosalie?” Hannah asked.

“They broke up before summer started,” Ruby informed.

“So, he left model-looking Rosalie Hale… for you?” Hannah smirked with mischief.

“Har, har, Hannah banana!” Ruby jabbed her fork at her direction. “I happen to be a very good girlfriend. You, on the other hand, if you keep PMS-ing, you’ll never get a man.”

“Ruby!” Tobi hissed.

Hannah’s face turned red.

“What?” Ruby asked. “It’s the truth! I’m not being mean. I’m giving her advice!”

Hannah threw her fork on the table and rushed out and went upstairs.

“Nice one,” Holden chuckled. “Someone had to tell her, but I was afraid she’d rip my head off.”

“Crap, I feel bad,” Ruby scrunched her face.

“And…?” Tobi asked.

Ruby rolled her brown eyes. “I should go apologize, nyah, nyah,” she muttered and pulled out from the chair. She took a piece of bread with her and headed to Hannah’s bedroom. She stopped at the door and her heart dropped when she heard crying. “Aw, crap. Hannah? I’m sorry. I speak before I think, you know that.”

“I’m going through a very difficult time and you’re not helping!” Hannah yelled hysterically.

Ruby rubbed her temples. “Dude, open the door and let’s talk, okay?”

There was movement and Hannah opened the door. Her eyes were red. Ruby stepped in her room. It was her first time in her room in three years. There were a lot of photography.

There was a camera on her table.

“You like taking pictures?” Ruby asked. “Since when?”

“Since ever, you just never notice because you’re so self-absorbed.”

Ruby smiled. “Ah, nice comeback. No hard feelings, it’s kind of true. Look, I shouldn’t have said that, okay? I know periods suck. Along with cramps, bloating, fatigue and the PMS-ing. They suck ass!”

Hannah nodded. “I know! I get these horrible cramps and I can’t even move.”

“You need Advil, or Tylenol. I carry them whenever TOM comes around.”

Hannah chuckled. “I’ll get some soon. Um, thanks… it’s kind of hard to talk to Tobi about this.”

“Why? Tobi gives best advice, trust me. If she wasn’t in my life, I’d probably OD a long time ago,” Ruby gave her a big grin.

“Do you remember your parents?” Hannah asked.

Ruby’s smile faltered, but it was still on.

“Sometimes… when I dream… I see them,” her close felt like it was starting to close, so she cleared her throat. Her eyes stung a bit.

“I remember my mom,” Hannah spoke. “I have her eyes and Holden and I have her hair. I dream about her too.”

“How young were you?”

“I was five.”

“I was nine. My aunt Mary… she uh… has no pictures of my parents in the house because she’s a selfish bitch, so I keep them in my closet. When I have a good day, I take out the box and look at all of the pictures. There’s uh… video… on a VHS that they made. I haven’t seen it.”

“Why not?” Hannah asked.

“I know I’ll break down if I hear their voices.”

Ruby and Hannah bonded. They both lost parents and even though Saline was an amazing replacement for their loss, they were still wounded.

At night Ruby and Tobi were in Tobi’s room watching Desperate Housewives.

“Okay, so what happened with you and Emmett?” Tobi smirked and poked her side.

“Nothing.”

“Aw, come on. Tell me.”

“Tobi, that’s just it, nothing. I mean, I was naked under him, all he needed was to take off his boxers and… Alice calls. There’s a moment of horror across his face, and then he just couldn’t get out of my room faster.”

“Ouch. You’re not used to being turned down.”

“I didn’t get turned down,” Ruby said. “He wanted it. I saw his freaking boner, he wanted me. He was just… scared of something.”

“Maybe next time,” Tobi said. “I uh… told Jasper about Paul and Mike.”

Ruby’s eyes widened. “Say what?!”

Tobi nodded her head. “I had to tell him, to see if he still wanted me after he knew. He still likes me,” she grinned.

Ruby chuckled. “Of course he does! It was before him, and it wasn’t your fault.”

“Do you plan to tell Emmett about the… miscarriage?”

Ruby shrugged. “Maybe… eventually… I don’t know.”

“If you want a good relationship, all secrets need to be out. Remember secrets almost ruined our relationship.”

Ruby nodded. “I know, but what if--”

“He won’t leave you. He adores you!”

Ruby’s heart swelled.

“I think you should tell him,” Tobi said.

Ruby sighed deeply. “I’ll think about it. What are you going to do about Paul?”

“Hmm, what about him?”

“What about him? He ‘imprinted’ on you.”

“It’s not a love imprint, it’s a brotherly one!”

“Still… you have a nice piece of ass on your command. If things go wrong with Jasper, not that I want it to because I can see you love him, Paul is nice rebound.”

Tobi laughed. “Isn’t it a little too soon to be talking about love? We’ve barely began going out.”

Ruby chuckled. “We’re teenagers! We’re fools in love!”

The next morning, Jasper and Emmett came to pick up the girls for school. Ruby greeted Emmett with a huge kiss on the lips.

“What was that for?” he asked as they pulled away.

She shrugged. “It’s Monday… and… hmm… you’re my boyfriend. I think that’s reason enough.”

He grinned.

In French, she was happy as she copied his work. They were like ninjas and didn’t get caught as Emmett gave her the answers for the pop quiz that Mr. Burnwright had given them. After the quiz, he started on something else.

She was too busy playing thumb war with Emmett, their hands were under the table.

Emmett knew he had to distract her. Today was the day, he didn’t want her anywhere near Tobi’s home.

The phone rang and Mr. Burnwright stopped his lesson.

The whole class began to talk.

“So, I’m thinking we could go to Port Angeles and catch a movie or something,” he said.

“Ooh, yeah. I love going to the movies, especially on a school night. The forbidding thing is so delicious,” she chuckled.

He pecked her lips. “I know.”

Apparently, there was a new kid in class, the call was that the kid was on his or her way to the class.

At lunch, a lot of the students stared as Ruby and Tobi sat with their boyfriends.

“Oh!” Alice spoke as she took revealed boxes from under the table. “Since your birthdays have passed, I just had to get you guys something.”

“Ooh, presents,” Ruby giggled as she received her present. She opened it and saw the cutest Hello Kitty tote bag. “Aw, Alice! I freaking love it! Thanks so much!”

“I just knew you’d love it,” Alice’s eyes twinkled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby’s Outfit

Thanks so much guys!