Sequel: Brilliant Lies
Status: Complete

Not Your Enemy

Attack

Image

On Thursday morning, Ruby and Emmett had a hard time getting out of bed and getting ready for school. They eventually stopped and had to get dressed. Emmett got her some clothes, well Alice did, but he was the one that spent the money. She walked out of the bathroom dressed very pretty.

He would never grow tired of her beauty.

On their way to school, they had a comfortable silence.

“I want to visit Tobi before going to Bella’s party, is that okay?” she asked him.

“Of course,” he pecked her hand. “Anything you want.”

They arrived at the school parking lot, and her heart dropped when she saw Dalton’s car. He was leaning back against his driver’s side door. His arms were crossed across his chest. She couldn’t believe he had the nerve to show up.

Emmett heard Ruby’s heart accelerate. He grabbed her hand squeezed it lightly.

“I’ll take care of him,” he said as he unbuckled his seat belt.

“No, don’t cause a scene, Emmett, I’ll tell him to fuck off,” she said and got out of the car and headed towards Dalton.

Emmett was right behind her, he would let that stupid human touch his girl ever again. Not even for a handshake.

Dalton wanted her back, he would do anything to have her back. He missed her like crazy. He missed her flesh, her smile, her laughter, and the way she touched him. He mostly missed running his hand through her soft hair and watching her sleep. He loved to know that he could have her any time he wanted. But, when he saw Emmett behind her with a possessive look in his eyes, Dalton grew angry.

Ruby reached Dalton, she had a good four or five feet distance.

“You need to get the fuck out of here, Dalton,” her tone cold, her eyes narrowed with determination.

“We need to talk, baby,” he stood up straight and reached for her.

Emmett immediately put himself between her and Dalton.

“You don’t get to touch her ever again, you piece of shit!” Emmett felt like breaking his neck.

“This doesn’t concern you,” Dalton shouted at Emmett.

Both men went chest to chest.

She got between them. “Not here you morons! They are people,” she emphasized to Emmett.

His golden eyes looked down to her and nodded once and backed off.

She turned her body to Dalton.

“I don’t want you in my life anymore. Back the fuck off,” she said and took Emmett’s hand and they both headed towards school.

“You should’ve let me taken care of him,” Emmett whispered in her ear.

She shook her head. “Not here,” she smirked and patted his cheek.

He chuckled and brought her closer to him. “And that’s why I like you.”

She giggled and wrapped her arms around his torso.

They went to her locker to get her things for French class. The bell rang and they walked inside of the classroom.

Mr. Burnwright gave them evil looks as they walked into class.

“Ms. Charleston, Mr. Cullen, how is it that you two were absent on the same day?” he gave them a sarcastic smile.

“Well, as everyone knows,” Ruby began, “my best friend survived a fire and I couldn’t just let her stay alone at the hospital.”

“And I had a family event, you can check with my father, Mr. Burnwright,” Emmett gave the man a smile.

“A group project was assigned yesterday, Mr. Cullen you’re with Ms. Webber, and Ms. Charleston you’re with Mr. Cart,” Mr. Burnwright said and he pointed at the boy that was sitting in the way back.

She recognized him as the new kid.

“Today, you’ll be sitting with him and talk about your project, it’s worth 200 points,” he said. “Now, have a seat.”

Ruby rolled her eyes at her teacher and turned to Emmett.

“Be calm, baby,” he pecked her lips.

She pouted her lips. “I guess.”

She headed to the back and sat down next to the new kid. She didn’t even know his name. The final bell rang and everyone sat down with their partners and started to discuss.

She turned to the new boy.

“I’m Ruby,” she introduced her self.

“So, I’ve heard,” the boy smiled. “I’m Grayson.”

“Grayson?” she raised an eyebrow and he nodded to confirm his name. “That’s a weird, yet nice name.”

“Thanks. So, the project is about doing a report about an important French icon, all in French, of course, and then we give a presentation in full French in front of the school. We have three weeks to do it.”

“Holy shiznets,” she cried. “I don’t know how to speak a single word in French! How the hell am I supposed to be doing this?”

“Why are you in AP French, then?” he asked her.

“Stupid counselor got it all wrong,” she muttered.

“Why haven’t you gone to change it?” he asked.

Her eyes shifted to Emmett and a grin appeared on her face, he noticed.

“Oh, because of your boyfriend?” he asked.

“He’s helping me, he speaks it very well, so yeah, I stayed,” she grinned towards Grayson.

“He’s one of the Cullen’s I hear so much about?” he asked.

“What have you heard?” she inquired and ready to kick ass to any guy or girl that talked bad about her new friends.

He shrugged. “That they’re beautiful people and they prefer to keep to themselves, except for you, a brown haired girl, and your friend.”

“The brown haired girl is Bella, and my friend is Tobi.”

He smirked. “You take the offensive fast, don’t you?”

She shrugged. “It’s just me.”

During lunch, Bella showed her new camera.

Bell and Ruby took a couple of pictures together. It was fun.

In AP Biology, Emmett and Ruby sat down together, and they played thumb war for a while. The teacher showed a movie about the cell reproduction, so that gave the chance for Ruby and Emmett to share a few kisses.

It was very nice. School wasn’t hell of her anymore. She was happy to have someone to be with.

After school, Emmett drove her to the hospital to visit Tobi.

Emmett said he had to leave to do something, but he would be back to pick her up in two hours to get ready for the party. She headed to Tobi’s room. She was curious as to why Paul was outside of Tobi’s room.

She walked up to Paul with a smirk.

“Please tell me she kicked you out,” she snickered.

His brown eyes were harsh on her. “If you weren’t the best friend of Tobi, I swear I’d say a lot of things about you.”

She shrugged. “Your words would never bother me, Paul. Why did she kick you out?”

“I told Jasper she was my imprint.”

She hit him in the back of the head. “Dumbass.”

He growled. “She won’t talk to me!”

“Because she’s in love with Jasper, Paul!” she half shouted at him.

“I can make her happy, unlike him!” he pointed to the room. “He could easily hurt her.”

“Oh, and you can’t,” she placed her hands on her hips.

Paul saw Emily’s face in his head and groaned.

“You have no idea how much I care for her,” he murmured.

“Only because she’s your imprint, if she wasn’t, you wouldn’t even be here,” she pointed out.

“Do you enjoy making me unhappy?” he spat her.

“Hmm,” she pretended to think, “yeah, I kind of do, see ya, wouldn’t want to be ya!”

She went inside Tobi’s room. Jasper was on the bed with her, she was asleep.

“Hey,” Ruby greeted Jasper with a wave of her hand.

“Hey,” he said.

Ruby sat down on the chair next to Tobi’s bed. “How is she?”

“Fine,” he answered.

“So… vampires,” Ruby smirked at Jasper.

Jasper chuckled and sensed that Ruby had no hard feelings towards them. In fact, she was happier than he’d ever seen her.

“Yes, vampires.”

“How did she take it?” she looked to Tobi.

“Uh, she needed a little time to let it sink in, but… accepted me.”

“Well duh, she fucking loves you,” she smiled.

And with that Tobi woke up. Tobi was happy to see her best friend at her side. Jasper stepped out so the girls could have some time alone. The girls talked about how they felt about their boyfriends being immortal. They couldn’t believe it, but they both accepted them.

“The children part sucks,” Tobi admitted.

“Yeah, I’d figured, for you,” Ruby said with a sad smile. “I’m okay with it, but you’ve always wanted kids.”

“Where did Emmett take you?” Tobi asked, she wanted to change the subject.

It surely made Ruby forget it because her eyes lit up. “He took me to a cabin he built with his own hands, and… we had… a really nice time.”

“You had sex with him?” Tobi gasped.

Ruby shook her head. “No, I wish… but no. We were about to, yet again, but then he told me about being a vamp and how he could break me, so… he just fingered me.”

Tobi made a slight face. “It’s weird how you can talk so freely about that.”

Ruby laughed. “Yeah, I’m a nympho. It was great, though. The best and the vampire speed is just… whoa!”

Tobi chuckled. “You and Emmett are not going to last being so abstinent.”

“I know, but we can do it, hopefully. Crap, Emmett is going to pick me up for Bella’s thingy.”

“Oh, right,” Tobi remembered. “I forgot.”

“So did I. I can stay if you want,” Ruby offered.

“No, go, I’ll be fine.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, I’m going to wait for Emmett outside and give Paul a break, Tobi. Dude is a natural douche and he can’t help himself.”

|Party|

“You like?” Ruby asked Emmett as she twirled around in the dress Rosalie let her borrow.

“I love,” he grinned and took her hand.

Bella still wasn’t at the Cullen’s yet. The decorations were very pretty. It was simple and elegant.

Ruby and Emmett sat down on the couch and talked for a while. He caressed her face, her bruise was healing nicely. It was still there, but it was not as bad as it was a week ago.

“I have something for you,” he said and took out a box from his pocket.

“Ooh, what is it?” she asked.

He opened the box and showed the golden heart locket necklace. Her mouth turned into a small O.

“Oh my gosh,” she whispered. “Is it real?”

He chuckled. “Of course it is, babe. It’s for you.”

“It’s amazing, I love it,” she said and kissed him. “I love you.”

Emmett grinned widely. “You said it.”

She nodded. “I know,” she let out a shaky breath. “It was easier than I thought.”

He laughed and cupped her face. “Say it again.”

“I love you,” she repeated.

He helped her put on the necklace. Ruby would make sure to hide it from her aunt and uncle.

“They’re here!” Alice declared.

Ruby sat up with Emmett. Jasper walked in from another entrance.

“Did you leave her alone?” Ruby asked him.

“No, Saline is with her, along with some woman, Clarice, I think it’s her name.”

Ruby made a face. “Oh, I don’t trust that woman for some reason.”

“Why not?” Emmett asked her.

Ruby shrugged. “I don’t know, the way she looks at Tobi… it’s weird, not in a sexual way,” she cleared up, “but, I don’t know. It’s just something.”

Bella and Edward came in. Alice greeted them.

Ruby hugged Bella and wished her a happy birthday.

When it came time for presents, it was a day Ruby would never forget.

All it took to turn such a wonderful night to a horrible disaster was a drop of blood. A single drop of blood, and then Jasper went crazy.

Since Ruby was next to Bella when Edward pushed her out of the way, Bella bumped into Ruby which knocked both of them down to the glass table. As Ruby sat up her hands had shards of glass which cut through her skin bringing blood.

Before she could think, she was against the wall with Emmett in front of her with a crazed look in his eyes. He had not fed over the last two days, and her blood singing to him was something he could not handle.

He had his hand around her neck to keep her still as she fought against his hold.

He was very close to sinking his fangs in, but Rosalie and Esme were able to pull him away from her.

Ruby fell to the floor because her knees gave out in fear. Her hands were still bleeding and she watched in astonishment as Rosalie and Esme struggled to pull Emmett away. Jasper was already outside, and now Carlisle helped the girls get Emmett outside as well. It was harder because he was the strongest of them all.

Ruby looked over to Bella, both girls were just in awe of what happened. Ruby’s heart was pounding like a hammer inside of her chest. Her face was flushed. Emmett had attacked her. He had his hand around her neck, she rubbed it, it felt a bit sore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruby’s School Clothes

Ruby’s Dress