Not Enough Mike Stories So Here's One

The Jadeness

“Jade.”
“Mmm.” I groan as I slap Mike’s hand away, “Sleeping.”
“Jade.” He pushes my arm.
“Mmm!”
“Jade!”
“What!” I exclaim as I sit up, he holds out his cell phone.
“Maddy’s on the phone for you.” my eyes bulge and I run my hand through my hair and take the phone from him.

“Maddy?” I say worriedly.
“Hey Mom.”
“Is everything okay?”
“Yeah, I’m just bored,” she sighs, “Lyle’s still asleep.”
“I was still asleep.”
“He doesn’t have any pop tarts.”
“So you had to call me?” I ask laughing.
“Well, Lyle’s still asleep and yeah.” She gabbles.
“So what did you do yesterday?”
“We went out for supper, his girlfriend was there, her name’s Lydia.” Maddy says casually, “Today, he’s taking me to the movies.”
“Did you do your homework?”
“No.”
“Why don’t you do that while your bored?”
“But that’s boring!” she exclaims.
“Then wake Lyle up.”
“God.” She says, I can tell she’s rolling her eyes.
“Why are you over at Mike’s?”
“I slept over.”
“Ooooooo.” She says childishly.
“I’m going to hang up.” I threaten.
“Okay bye.”
“Bye.” I say and then turn off the phone before flopping down on the pillow.

“Everything okay?” Mike asks as he wraps his arms around me.
“Yeah.” I yawn as I snuggle against him.
“You hit me, that’s domestic violence.” He jokes.
“Pulling Teeth.”
“What?” he says confused, “Oh god, that stupid song.”

He plants kisses against my shoulder.
DING DONG!
“Expecting someone?” I ask.
“Uhh, oh yeah Stella.” He says getting up, “She’s early.” He hurries over to his closet and pulls on jeans and a wife beater before heading downstairs. I stumble out of bed and put on my jeans and my bra.
“Borrowing a t-shirt!” I call to him, realizing the strapless top I was wearing is fine for nightlife, but not so much for lazying about, especially with Stella being there. I go over to Mike’s dresser and open the top drawer, I choose a plain black t-shirt and slip it on. God, Mike is skinny; this is practically fitted for me.

I head downstairs to find Mike and Stella watching cartoons with a bag of Chips Ahoy! cookies between them.
“Hey Jade.” Stella says barely looking away from the TV, “Where’s Maddy?”
“She’s with her father this weekend.” I say as I go to sit next to Mike.
‘But she said she didn’t see him.”
“Well, things change.” I say simply.

Sunday evening swings around and Lyle’s running late to bring Maddy back home.
“I’m so hungry.” Stella groans as she slides around on the couch. Mike opens the oven and peeks inside at dinner.
“Child.” I tease as I drum my finger nails against the kitchen counter, “What’s taking them?”
“I don’t like this Lyle guy.” Stella sighs as she marches into the kitchen, “He’s keeping me from eating.”
“I’m not that fond of him either.” I joke when finally the door buzzes, “About time.” I press the button to unlock the door, moments later there’s a knocking at the door so I go to open it.

“Mom!” Maddy exclaims as she gives me a hug. I see Lyle standing there uneasily as she runs off to go see Stella.
“So,” I say casually, “How’s playing daddy?”
“Umm, I think she hates me.”
“Can you blame her?” I ask putting a hand on my hip.
“Don’t lecture me Jade.” He says rolling his eyes, “I tried fucking everything.”
“Well invent a time machine.” I smirk. He rolls his eyes, “Wanna stay for supper?”
“Nah, I rather castrate myself then spend an evening playing mind games with you.”
“Fair enough.” I say as I close the door.

“Okay, let’s eat.” I say as Mike is already putting the dinner platter on the table.
“So, Maddy, did you have fun at Lyle’s?” Mike asks as we sit at the table.
“No, its was really awkward and stuff,” she says shaking her head, “like he was trying to hard and frankly he’s boring as hell. Mom you had terrible taste in men.”
“Hey.” Mike scowls.
“I said had.” she says rolling her eyes, “The only good thing is that he bought me this.” She unzips her hoody to show off a new band tee.
“Operation Ivy!” Stella shrieks happily, “I wanna borrow that.”
“Damn, they still sell those?” Mike asks intrigued.
“All I know is that I don’t know, all I know is that I don’t know nothing.” The girls sing as Mike and I laugh into our hands.
“Hold on.” Maddy says leaping out of her chair and going over to the CD shelf and putting on the Operation Ivy CD.

After dinner Mike and I clean up the kitchen while the girls watch television.
“Before I leave tomorrow,” Mike says quietly, “do you need anything?”
“Need anything?”
“Financially.” He whispers. I groan.
“Stop worrying.”
“I have to worry.” He mumbles, “It’s your fault anyway because of all your damn Jadeness.”
“Jadeness?” I snort.
“I dunno, whatever it is that makes you you and drives me crazy.” I stand on my tip toes and kiss his lips before putting the last two plates into the dishwasher.
“Well, I’ve made it through worse.” I say shrugging, “We’ll manage.”
“If you’re sure.” He says as he puts the leftovers into the fridge.
“You’re too loveable.” I say as I kiss him once more.
“Get a room!” the girls chant.
“Isn’t it time for you to go to bed?” Mike retorts.
“Nu-uh.” Stella says smirking, “Its eight forty-five, we still have fifteen minutes.”

My contact lenses start bugging me so I go to take them off, just when I get one out the phone rings.
“Mike can you get that?” I call as I pull out my other contact lens. Mike appears at the doorway, “Who is it?”
“Radio station.”
I take the phone from Mike and put it to my ear.
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Jade?" someone asks.
"Yes, can I help you?" I say as Mike stares at me as if he were reading my mind.
"Sorry to be calling so late but Mr. Farson would like you to come into WFTP tomorrow for a second interview."
"Are you sure you got the right person?" I ask trying not to laugh.
"Jade Prelia, right?"
"Yeah, the recording technician."
"Yup, he was really keen on you." the person on the other line says happily.
"Uhh okay." I say knowing I have nothing better to do tomorrow.
"Great, nine in the morning then." the person says hanging up instantly.

"What's up?" Mike asks rocking on his heels. I shut off the lights in the washroom and head back into the kitchen to put the phone away, Mike follows.
"They want me to come in for a second interview."
"The interview you screwed up royally?" he asks leaning against the countertop.
"Uhuh." I say nodding, "I seriously think they called the wrong person, again." Mike just smiles.
"Or maybe your Jadeness got to them too." he smirks.
"So is Jadeness now an official word?" I ask as I lean in to kiss him.
"Mmmhmm."
"Can the Jadeness convince you not to leave tomorrow?" I ask playfully.
"The Billieness and the Treness can kick my ass till it bleeds and then some so nope."
"Awe." I tease, “But the Mikeness is sexier when he’s not covered in blood.”
"But the Jadeness can guarantee some great sex until I leave tomorrow morning."