Not Enough Mike Stories So Here's One

So How's the Sex?

BUZZ! BUZZ!
I smack the button on the annoying alarm clock and roll over to look at Mike.
“Back to reality.” I sigh. He buries his face into the pillow for a second, laughs then lifts his head to look at me.
“Okay.” He half-whines as he leans over to kiss me, “You can really wear a guy out.” I laugh a little and kiss him playfully on the nose. He grabs my hips and tickles me.
“I really have to get to work.” I mumble as I get up and head into the washroom.

I take a quick shower, leaving Mike on his own for a whole of about five minutes before returning to my bedroom with a towel wrapped around me. I smile giddily as I walk to my closet and pluck something out to wear.
“Shower’s all yours.”
“Mmm, thanks.” Mike says coming up behind me and resting his chin on my shoulder, his hands strategically placed on my hips.
“I remind you I can’t be late for work.” Mike sadly disappears from the room and seconds later I hear the shower turn on.

I get dressed and head over to Gail’s to get the girls, after all they had to go to school. Gail’s door creaks open revealing Maddy in her over-sized Spiderman t-shirt that she sleeps in.
“Hey Mom!”
“Hey Maddy, how was your night.”
“It was awesome! Stella and I had so much fun with Gail; we watched movies and ate enough junk to rot our teeth as bad as pirates!”
“I hope you brushed your teeth.” I say laughing, “C’mon you and Stella have to get ready for school.”

“Jade!” Gail says happily as she walks to the door from her kitchen, “we just finished breakfast.” I turn to Maddy.
“You and Stella go get ready.” I turn back to Gail.
“So how’s your thesis paper?” I ask feeling guilty.
“What thesis paper?” she asks, furrowing her eyebrows.
“The reason the girls had to come here instead.” I say dumbfounded, she starts laughing.
“I thought you and Mike needed some alone time, if you know what I mean.” I feel my jaw drop but I quickly smack Gail’s arm. “Was it good?”
“You’re unbelievable!” I laugh.

Stella and Maddy stumble out of one of the rooms, Stella in her private school uniform, Maddy in her regular jeans and t-shirt.
“C’mon you two.” I say rolling my eyes at Gail. The two girls gather their backpacks and follow me back to my apartment where Mike is found showered and dressed.

“Dad!” Stella exclaims, “We should definitely go out with Jade more often!”
“I take it you had fun?” Mike asks smiling adoringly at his daughter. Stella nods enthusiastically.
“Did you know Gail has a foosball table in her apartment?” we all take a good laugh before heading out the door.

“When can we get together again?” Mike murmurs lovingly to me as we stand on the sidewalk by our cars.
“Soon, definitely.” I say as I put my lips against his.

“So did you and Mike have sex?” Maddy asks overly casual on the drive to school.
“What kind of question is that?!” I exclaim in disbelief.
“Well you two went out, Stella and I stayed the night with Gail, while Mike slept over at our place and I didn’t see any blankets on the sofa.” I let out a sigh. “So that’s a yes.”
“Taking your teenage years to be in consideration,” I state, “Mike and I are both old enough and mature enough to deal with the consequences of sex, secondly, I made him use a condom.”
“Yeah, yeah.” Maddy replies as her eyes roll back in her head.

Later on that day while the deejays are giving their usual schpeal on what Mick Jagger has been up to my cell phone starts to ring from my pocket. It sounds like the Mick Jagger conversation in the sound room is going to last a good while longer so I answer my phone.
“Hello?”
“Jade, its Dahlia.”
“Oh hey, I’m at work right now so-“
“Wanna have lunch?”
“Erm okay, at one?”
“Yeah,” she says happily, “I’ll meet you at Bonne Vida’s.”
“Kay, bye.” I hang up the phone and rearrange the soundboard settings to cue the music. We always had lunch together at Bonne Vida’s because it’s halfway between both our jobs. Dahlia works at a travel agency, sending countless people on their way to Hawaii the Dominican Republic and tropical cruises.

I finish up my first shift and head over to the restaurant where I’m supposed to meet my sister. She’s already sitting at our usual table near the window when I get there.
“Hey, what’s new?” I say taking a seat across from her.
“Nothing much with me, but I’m dying to know more about that new boyfriend of yours. Maddy tells me he’s a rock star.” I laugh.
“Yeah, he’s a bassist for Green Day.”
“Sounds familiar. I probably saw a flyer for their show once.” My sister says shrugging, “So what’s his day job?” I laugh into my hand, sometime I think my sister lives under a rock.
“He doesn’t have one.” I say firmly, “Just his band.” Dahlia gives me a stern glare.
“You can’t be taking bums in!”
“He makes more money than me!” I hiss, “His band has won those Teen Choice Award things!”
“You’re funny.”
“I’m serious, his band is Green Day, you know Wake Me Up When September Ends!”
“I love that song.” She says dumbly, “Ha! You’re a groupie.” I slap her arm and roll my eyes. “How’s the sex?”
“Not you too.” I moan into my hand.
“Huh?”
“Mike spent the night for the first time last night.” I cock an eyebrow so she picks up on the undertone, “Maddy stayed at my neighbor Gail’s, when I went to pick her up Gail asked me the same question.” Dahlia bursts out laughing, “Then when I was driving Maddy to school she asked me if I had sex with Mike and urgh.”
“So it wasn’t good?”
“Ha! It was some of the greatest sex I’ve ever had.” I laugh.
“So rock star sex is better than regular sex.” Dahlia says nodding.
“May I remind you, you’re married, and you have a daughter.”
“May I remind you, I live vicariously through you?”