Stand Close to Me

One

College was a hard thing to get into. But I had somehow squeezed my way through it. Writing and journalism. They were my two hobbies. I loved it. Somehow I could always express my feelings through writing. My best friend, Allie, got through easily. She was much smarter than me. She was doing music, the jazz time. She had a slight obsession with music. Everywhere she’d go, she would always have her iPod or a notebook. But on the other hand, so would I.

“Allie, you’re going to be late!” My voice echoed through the apartment we shared on campus. I was lying on the couch, Ben and Jerry’s in my hand. My class didn’t start until 10, so I had an hour and a half until I was needed. My best friend, Allie ran in, her hair covering her face. I tore my eyes away from the TV to roll my eyes at her. “Nice hair!” I smirked. She sighed and pushed it out of her face. I grinned at her and shoved a mouthful of ice cream into my mouth.

“I hope you get…” She went to say. I dropped my spoon and my hand shot to my head.

“BRAINFREZE!” I screamed, finishing off her sentence. She laughed, smirking at me. She pushed her hair out of her face once more and stuck her tongue out at me.

“Serves you right, Liv.” I glared at her. She was always right, or she had to be right. I glared at her as the freezyness in my brain warmed up. She smiled once at me and picked up her bag. I waved to her as she walked out of the room. I turned back to the TV and flicked channels. I stopped as I saw the Jonas Brothers pop onto the screen. I stopped and slowly sat up.

They were my friends. Were. Joe and I were closest to each other. He was my best friend, someone I could trust with my whole life He knew everything from my first crush, to my colour underwear. It seemed weird, but it was true. But one day, he admitted that he had feeling for me, him being 18, and me just turning 17. By this time, we had pretty much lost contact from their sudden rise to fame. But he came back just to tell me that he loved me. I, of course, liked him back, but I couldn’t tell him. I didn’t know why, I just looked at him and said, “Joe, I can’t do this.” And then walked out of his life forever. Over the 2 years, he’d tried and failed at getting in contact with me. I rarely talk to any of the Jonas’s anymore, I occasionally text Kevin. The last time I text him, was the day of his wedding. 19th December 2009. It’s now 20th of May 2010. I couldn’t face any of them yet.

I sighed and shook the thought out of my head. I ran my fingers through my brown hair, tugging at it gently. I stood up and put the ice cream back into the fridge. I couldn’t stay in this room anymore. I slipped on my old worn out Converse and walked out of the apartment. My phone was placed in my back pocket, and my iPod sat in my front pocket. I pulled out the headphones and started to listen to All American Reject-Dirty Little Secret. It was an old song, but it was pretty awesome. I walked around campus and watched as people rushed to their classes.

Everything seemed different when you are looking from the outside. You seem to notice everything that you normally wouldn’t. Like the little things. Like how somebody can give someone the smallest grin and then their heart would flutter and their stomach would do crazy somersaults. Girls love things like that. That one person is the one, who they wanted to spend their lives with, never wanted to be with anyone else but them. Doesn’t want to live their life if that one person isn’t in it, that one person who could make you smile, even when you don’t want to. The one who’d make you cry, for all the good reasons.
And that guy was standing in front of me.
Joe Jonas.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is our first chapter so please comment! :)
Allie's chapter's next. :)
Enjoy.
Livvy.x