Status: Alive and kicking.

The Riddle (The Story of Edward Craig)

Masked Demons

He felt hot blood through his veins, and he felt a fire in his chest. It was fearsome, hot as the sun. And it wasn't done with him.

He felt a second shock. It put him to the floor. He feels for his numbing chest filled with pain. The fire was getting hotter now. He saw his chest glow red hot.

Then the third one surprised him, & he ended up lying on the floor, gasping. "This is my death," he thought. His chest began to swell, and his shirt began to char. His chest was smoking.

Then the fourth one came. His shirt was burning now.

Then a fifth. Silence.

Then a sixth. He let out a harsh cry.

The seventh ended his cry. He closed his eyes.

In the back of his eyes he sees blinding light. It was blurred. He widened his eyes. He could see a round light, and about seven people, running towards him like maniacs, clapping and cheering like crazy. A lady dragged him in and hugged him tight. It was Amy. He was back, alive.

Then that moment something slowed everything down. A small movement, in the corner of his eye. He looked by the window.

There stood a terrifying sight. A man in a black robe, hood up and demonic-looking. The busy corridor highlighted this motionless man. He looked like he was the killing type. He pointed at Craig, like he was going to kill Craig with a finger. But that wasn't why Craig was scared.

He was scared of the man's mask. The mask had two faces, happy and angry, and a smile from ear to ear. The happy eye was friendly and calm, but the angry eye was intense.

The man beat his left foot down, and at that moment Craig knew death was seconds away. Then a man passed between them and the masked man disappeared. On this, Craig closed his eyes once more.