Sequel: Answering Machine

To Hell With Your New Shit

I never meant to hurt him. I suppose I thought that, in a way, I was protecting both of us from the pain of the big, bad world, and what would happen once it separated us. Turns out, I was a lot bigger and a lot more bad than I ever imagined the world could be.

I didn't want to go back to Arizona, and I wasn't sure why I ever stepped foot on a plane heading to Phoenix. And I'll never know what drew me into the car that drove me to Tempe. My parents were just as shocked with my decision as I was, for after countless attempts to bring me home for the holidays, and a slew of visits to my apartment in New York, they seemed to have given up. In my mind, I didn't care to find the answers to all of the questions that had formed before I left. I thought I was better off forgetting those problems and starting a new life in the East.

I should have known that I was being stupid. I should have known I could never leave without looking back. I should have known that I could never truly leave him, no matter how hard I tried.

And now, I blindly stepped back into a situation that could be impossible to fix.

John O'Callaghan
Lindsay Thompson
  1. One
    Lindsay
  2. Two
    John
  3. Three
    Lindsay
  4. Four
    John
  5. Five
    Lindsay
  6. Six
    John
  7. Seven
    Lindsay
  8. Eight
    John
  9. Nine
    Lindsay
  10. Ten
    John
  11. Eleven
    Lindsay
  12. Twelve
    John
  13. Thirteen
    Lindsay
  14. Fourteen
    John
  15. Fifteen
    Lindsay
  16. Sixteen
    John
  17. Seventeen
    Lindsay
  18. Eighteen
    John
  19. Nineteen: Epilogue I
    Lindsay
  20. Twenty: Epilogue II
    Lindsay