Status: As completed as it'll ever be.

'Cause No One Knows You Like I Do.

When You're Falling In Love Again.

It wasn't long before competition between Jack and my new friend had started. Well, of course I say 'competition' I simply mean that I had begun to speak more to him than I did Jack, and suddenly I didn't miss Jack as much as I ever used to. My mind was taken away from him for hours at a time, my distraction ever-persistent on the topic of taking me out, though never in the creepy way I had come to expect from this kind of persistence - I had easily started to acknowledge why my very few female friends had found it adorable in the past, where before I had always felt it would provoke nothing but pity from me, if I ever found myself in that situation. My mind and my attitudes on something I had once thought so rigid had changed within a matter of days, and I could no longer keep track on which points I still believed absolutely. Each time he and I met up, my views on another subject began to change and there was nothing I wasn't open to changing my mind upon.
Within a couple of weeks, it was safe to say we had become one of those clingy couples who spent all their time together, and, yes, I do accept that I had just used the word 'couple'.
It was now June. I hadn't seen any of my old friends in about two weeks, and Jack and the boys I hadn't seen in so much longer. Today, I had decided, I would go see my old friends, and I couldn't see any reason to change that decision.
"Lee-sah!" I screeched, as I knocked on her's and Alex's door, Peyton barking behind it. It was Saturday and I knew she would have nothing better to do today until Alex returned. Or rather, nothing that would drag her from her house before midday.
"Beh-cah!" She screeched back, flinging open the door. "What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in ages!"
"I made a new friend, then realised I'd been neglecting my old ones. So, I decided, since it's such a nice day, we could hijack your pool, drink wine all day, and have a catch up. And we can ring Kara to join!" I raised the bag in my hand, one filled with wine and snacks, and grinned at her.
"So, girly day?" I nodded. "Well, there's a problem with that." I raised my eyebrows, egging her to carry on. "Alex is back, and Kara is spending the day with Rian."
All I can say is, my heart sunk to my toes. I was always the first to know when the boys were coming back, and yet, Jack hadn't told me a thing. He hadn't even bothered to tell me he was back.
"Oh."
"You didn't know? Jack said he told you weeks ago that they were coming back Thursday."
"They've been back two days?"
"No.. they've been back nine."
I don't remember the bag hitting the floor, and I couldn't hear the wine bottles smashing. I couldn't breathe. Two days I could have handled, but I must have missed half of the time they would be back. They never stayed for long, and Jack hadn't let me know, in over a week, of his being in Maryland. Lisa dragged me indoors, picking up the bag I had dropped and putting it in the sink, after sitting me down on the sofa. Everything was a blur until I finally let something sink in; the sound of Alex's footsteps coming down the stairs.
"Explain your best friend, Gaskarth." I demanded, as soon as he came into the front room, searching for Lisa.
"He's your best friend more!" He replied, eyes widening at the sudden attack. "What has he done?!" He asked, turning to Lisa for answers.
"He didn't tell her you were back; she didn't have a clue, Alex." His brow creased.
"He told us he went to visit you the day he came back. We dropped him off at his parents' house, then he disappeared for a couple of hours. Said he went to see you."
It wasn't long before I was out of Alex and Lisa's house and on my way to see Jack. That boy had some explaining to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the mix-up with the last time I posted this. I double checked this morning and found I'd been an idiot and forgotten to delete the last chapter from the word document after I'd posted it, so it got posted twice. :$
Sorry again.