I Think We're Falling Apart

Chapter One

"Alright Maggie. Your next appointment with me is next Monday, and we can continue where we've left off," I said to the teenaged girl who was sitting on my couch. She nodded her head solemnly before getting up and walking out of my office.

I stood up and grabbed all the things I would need to take home with me, which wasn't much. I walked out of my office into the reception hall where I saw Rhiannon, my best friend and secretary, sitting at her desk staring at her computer screen.

"You gonna sit there all day, or are you gonna go home anytime soon?" I asked with a chuckle as I locked my office.

She sighed deeply, never taking her eyes off the screen. "Yeah..." she said dreamily.

I smiled. "Find any good ones today?" I asked knowingly.

"Yeah. I'm gonna rape Christ one of these days... when he grows his hair back. And I don't think I ever told you Vik... but your husband's new hair is just... fuck it's gorgeous," she said as she looked up at me before turning off her computer. She grabbed her things and got up, walking with me out of our suite where my office is, and entering the elevator.

"I know right!? I was surprised when he came home with it all hacked off. I never thought he'd cut it. I'm all jealous and stuff that his hair is nicer than mine," I chuckled as I leaned against the elevator, going down to the lobby.

"So... got any plans for tonight?" Rhiannon asked as the elevator started to make its descent.

"Eh, not really. Staying at home with Adelle and Brian... if he even comes home tonight," I finished with a sigh.

"Drinking again?" she asked quietly as the doors to the elevator opened and we stepped out and into the parking garage below the lobby.

"Yeah. I thought he was getting better too. It just seems like... his life isn't satisfying him anymore. Like he doesn't want to be who he is anymore. I'm worried, cuz I know its affected Adelle, and its affecting me too," I sighed as we walked through the garage. "You doing anything tonight?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Nah... Staying in I suppose. Unless I actually find something to do. I'll see you tomorrow though," she said as we reached our cars and hugged.

"You know.. sometimes I feel like you're my shrink..." I added with a small laugh. Rhiannon smiled softly.

"You know I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to," she said quietly.

I nodded. "Yeah... see you tomorrow," I said as I got in my car and Rhiannon got in hers. I followed her white Escalade out of the parking garage until we hit the main street and went out separate ways.

Perhaps I should tell you about myself, before I go any further. My name is Victoria Haner; married to Brian Haner Jr., better known as "The Great" Synyster Gates. I am 26 years old, as is he, and we've been married for 7 years and have a beautiful 5 year old daughter, Adelle. Being married at 19 was a bit different, but it felt right and it got me to where I am today, and I can't really say that I'm not happy with where I am right now. I'm a psychologist for troubled teens, but sometimes I really do feel like I'm the only one that needs the shrink.

After the relatively short commute home, I parked in the empty garage and went inside. I set my purse and keys on the counter and took off my shoes. As I ventured further into the house, I heard the sounds of the TV from the living room. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I walked towards the sound. I looked in and saw Brian sitting on the couch with Adelle in his lap as they watched her favorite movie, Madagascar. I smiled softly at the sight. It was adorable.

"Brian, you're home already?" I asked more than said and he turned his head to look at me with a smile.

"Yeah, we got out of the studio early so I decided I'd pick up Adie at day care after school, and bring her home with me," he explained.

"Oh.. well its good to know you decided to come home instead of going out to the bar tonight," I said, letting my frustration get the best of me. He sighed as he lifted Adelle off his lap and set her down next to him before standing up. He walked over to me as I retreated back into the kitchen, where Adie wouldn't be able to hear us.

He sighed again. "Please don't be like that... Baby, I'm sorry. Its just... sometimes I need to unwind when I get frustrated from recording and that's how I do it. I go out and drink. I can't help it if that's how I am," Brian said, staying calm the entire time. That was one thing he never really did, was raise his voice at me.

"I know, its just... Brian, you're Adie's father and she barely gets to see you, what with the touring and the recording and you not coming home. She asks me every night where you are when you're not there to help tuck her in, and I always have to make up excuses for her, and I'm sick of it. Its not easy on me either. I miss you..." I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Baby, don't cry. Please don't cry," he said as he came over to me, wiping my tears away. I sniffled as he brought me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he placed his around my waist and held me there.

"Brian?"

"Hmm?"

I sighed. "Do you... do you ever feel like.. maybe we moved into this too fast? That we got married too young?"

He backed away from me a little so he could look in my eyes. "No. I love you, and I love Adie, and I wouldn't trade any of this for the world. Don't think things like that..." he said as he placed his hands gently on my cheeks. I just nodded and looked down to the floor.

"How about I take you out, just you and me, and we... go on a date," he said with a smile.

"Who's gonna watch Adelle?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. I can get Matt to come watch her, he won't mind," Brian said.

I smiled. "Alright. I'd like that," I said and then leaned up to gently kiss his lips. I pulled away slowly and went to pull from his embrace, only to feel his hold on me tighten.

"Hey hey, you call that a kiss? I don't think so," he smiled as he leaned down to press his lips harder to mine. I sighed lightly and wrapped my hands gently in his hair as his tongue pushed past my lips and rubbed against mine. He slowly backed me into the counter where he continued to kiss me. His hands slid down to my ass and he pushed his hips flush against mine. Slowly he pulled away, and I opened my eyes.

"Now that is how you give your husband a kiss," he smirked and I pecked his lips once more.

"So... where's your car?" I asked randomly, remembering that the garage was empty when I got home.

"Well, I went to pick up Adie and on the way home I noticed that something was up with the brakes. So I called Zack when I got here and he came and took it to the shop for me to get it checked out," he explained.

"Ahh I see. So basically you have your friends waiting on your hand and foot?" I questioned. "What with getting Matt to watch Adie and Zacky to help with your car and all," I smiled, being a smart ass.

"Basically yeah," he said, smiling back at me. "Alright, I'm gonna go call Matt, and you go get ready," he said as he pulled away from me.

"What should I wear?"

"Um... casual, but nice," Brian replied.

"Mkay," I said, and retreated up to my room after giving Adelle a hug and kiss.