I Think We're Falling Apart

Chapter Nine

After the few minutes' drive to Brian's house, I parked the car and Adie and I walked to the front door. I knocked, and it felt weird. I realized that was the first time I had ever had to knock on this door, because it used to be mine. A couple minutes later, Brian opened the door. I don't think I'll ever forget the way Adelle's eyes lit up when she saw Brian.

"Daddy!" she squealed, and she ran to him.

Brian picked her up and hugged her. "Hey squirt. I missed you so much," he smiled and kissed her cheek. I could have sworn I saw tears coming to his eyes.

"I missed you too, Daddy," Adie said as she buried her face into his shoulder and held onto him for dear life. This was the Brian I married all those years ago. It was too bad that it took all of what we'd gone through lately to get him back, now that I was no longer his.

"Do you care what time I come to pick her up tomorrow?" I spoke up, and Brian looked at me for a moment before Adelle picked her head up and looked back at me.

"Mommy, can I stay the whole weekend?" she asked, and then pouted.

"It's fine with me if Daddy says it's okay," I said, and looked from Adie to Brian.

"Daddy, can I please?" she begged him.

"Of course you can," he smiled. "Say goodbye to your mom so she can go have fun," he said, and set her down on the ground. I kneeled down and gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

"I love you sweetie and I'll see you Sunday."

"Love you too, Mommy," Adelle said and grabbed a hold of Brian's hand.

I drove back to Matt's house and it was already almost nine. I walked up to his room, where I saw him standing in front of a mirror as he gelled back his hair. He was wearing some really nice jeans (which, by the way, made his ass look fucking fine) and a long sleeve black button-up shirt. To put it simply, he was hot.

Upon hearing my entrance, Matt looked over at me and smiled.

"What are you all dressed up for?" I asked as I stepped closer.

"I've gotta look the part if I'm gonna be seen with you, don't I?" he smiled back.

"Well, you look hot. I think you're trying to get some tail wherever we're going," I smirked, to which he laughed as he turned back to the mirror and worked on his hair a little more.

"If I were with the guys that might be the case. But tonight, it's just you and me. No chasing tail for me tonight," he smiled to his reflection as he finished. "You ready to go?" he asked as he turned to me again.

"Ready when you are," I smiled.

"Alright then, let's go," he said and took my hand, not letting go of it until we were in the car.

As we were driving down to wherever it was we'd be going, Matt turned his head to face me. "One of us has to be the designated driver for the trip home. Do you get trashed out of your mind?" he asked, and then I laughed.

"Oh Matty, silly boy. I haven't gotten trashed since we were all teens. I'll be the designated driver and you can drink as much as your little heart desires. I'm not a big fan of drinking anyways; it doesn't always agree with my system," I explained.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Just... one thing. Don't drink so much that I'll have to carry you back to the car, cuz that'll never happen," I laughed. Matt smiled.

"Deal."

Many hours later, we were still at this bar and club-house combo, named Thirsty's, and it was nearing two in the morning. My shirt was soaked with beer that someone had spilled on me, and Matt and I had danced pretty much all night long. I had also now become the hostess of a bright red and purple hickey on the left side of my neck, courtesy of Matt. I wouldn't say he was trashed... yet. I had only had two beers and a frozen margarita, and that was all I'd be able to handle. Like I told Matt, alcohol really doesn't mix well with me.

At the moment, Matt and I were on the much-crowded dance floor, and the dancing we were doing was probably about a PG-13 rating. Hands groping, hips grinding, teeth biting, the works. I was getting pretty tired.

"Matt," I said up into his ear, loud enough that he could hear it over the music. He sighed into my neck as I played with the hair on the nape of his neck.

"Hmm?"

"When this song is over, I think we should go home," I replied. I felt him nod his head against my skin, and sure enough, when the song ended I pulled my body away from his and grabbed his hand. I had to hold him upright a little so he stayed steady as he walked out to the car, but it wasn't too much trouble.

After I got him into the passenger seat and fished the keys out of his pocket, I went over to the driver's side and started the car. The drive home was pretty much silent except fro the radio.

Once I got home, I had to help Matt up to his room, which was a bit of a struggle on the stairs. Let's just say that if he hadn't grabbed the railing at the last second, both Matt and I would have ended up in a very crushed and very painful pile at the bottom of the stairs.

I laid him down on his bed, only for him to sit up again and attempt to unbutton his shirt.

"Need help with that?" I chuckled as his fingers fumbled around. He smiled and nodded and dropped his arms to the side. I straddled his lap as I unbuttoned his shirt, and he smirked. "What?" I smiled.

"I like this... you sitting on me like that..." he smiled and looked up at me. I felt the butterflies getting jittery in the pit of my stomach again and I doubted they'd be going away anytime soon.

I smiled back as I pulled his shirt the rest of the way off and dropped it onto the floor next to the bed. "Here... can you stand up? I'm gonna take your pants off," I said, and stood up myself. Matt pushed himself off the bed and got into a standing position as best he could. I grabbed a hold of his belt buckle and started to undo it when I felt him put his hands on my hips and pull me closer. He started to kiss on my neck, and I closed my eyes as I pulled the belt out of the loops of his jeans and dropped it down by his shirt. I popped the button and pulled down the zipper on his jeans and tugged them down a little, til they fell to the floor themselves. Matt pulled away from my neck to kick his jeans off and sat back on the bed, pulling me with him so I was straddling him again.

The next thing I knew, Matt's lips were pressed against mine. My eyes snapped open in shock, but I didn't pull away. Instead, I started to kiss him back, and he pulled me even closer to his body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he slipped his tongue into my mouth. Something snapped in my head and I pulled away quickly.

"Matt, what are we doing?" I asked as I got my breathing to go back to normal.

"Kissing," he whispered before he kissed me again.

"No, I mean, what are we doing? What about that girl you said you liked?" I asked as I stroked the hair on the back of his head, and he smiled.

"I'm looking at her."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "But my name's not Tori..."

"Well, kinda yeah. Victoria... I had to think of something and I didn't think you'd get it right off the bat," he smiled, and I saw a glint in his eyes.

I chuckled and put my forehead against his. "Oh really now?"

"Mhmmm... I was being sneaky," Matt whispered again, and kissed my lips softly. I closed my eyes and sighed when I felt one of his hands go up the back of my shirt. I pulled away from the kiss again and untied the tie around my neck and the one behind my back before Matt slipped it off over my head.

"Do you remember when you told me you didn't know if Tori liked you back?" I whispered against his lips.

"Yeah."

"Well, she does... A lot," I said, and kissed him again, running my tongue along his bottom lip as I pulled my chest flush against his and pushed him back. He wasn't on his back for long though, because he flipped us over and settled between my legs as he kept on kissing me. God, his kiss was intoxicating. It made my head swim and I started to get lightheaded and the butterflies started to make me queasy almost to the point there I felt nauseous. It always happened to me when I got into things like this.

Matt's hands moved from my hips to my chest, where he teased one of my nipples for a couple minutes before switching to the other. I moaned into his mouth a couple of times and I could have sworn I felt something poking against me. God, I wanted him so bad.

The feelings in my head and stomach started to intensify. It was like the gauge for my internal pressure had been busted and the pressure kept increasing higher and higher; higher than I wanted it to go; and higher still until I couldn't take it anymore. It was pressing in on my eyes until all I could see was black, and all I could feel was Matt.

When I awoke the next morning, the sun was shining in through the curtains and the bed was cold next to me. I could hear the shower in the connected bathroom going, and I blinked the room into focus before I stretched and let out a long yawn. I rolled toward Matt's side of the bed and snuggled farther into the comforter as I laid on my stomach and closed my eyes, trying to get back to sleep. I started thinking about the night before. We hadn't gotten very far at all because I had actually passed out from the intensity.

A couple minutes later, as I still lay there half asleep, I heard the shower shut off but I didn't move and I didn't move when Matt came out of the bathroom and rummaged around to get dressed either. I felt the bed shift as weight was pressed onto it. Said weight rested itself lightly on top of me, it's hands moving up along my body before pulling the comforter away from my neck. I felt feather-light kisses being placed all along my neck, and of course I knew it was Matt but I didn't want to move.

I was glad he had remembered the night before and I was relieved that everything that happened didn't happen on a whim.

I fluttered my eyes open slowly, letting them adjust to the light again as Matt kept kissing my neck.

"Good morning," he whispered into my ear. I smiled through my sleepiness and he rolled off to the side and faced me. "Did you sleep well?" he asked, still not raising his voice.

"Mhmm..." I croaked as I stretched again and rolled onto my back. "Do you have a hangover?" I asked.

"Nah, I had a little headache when I first woke up, but it's long gone," he said with a shrug.

"Well, I'm surprised. Do you remember how hard it was to get you home?" I chuckled.

"Not really. I do remember that we almost died on the stairs, and everything that happened after that, but I don't remember anything between my last few drinks and getting home."

I nodded my head and yawned again. "I should probably go take a shower," I said mostly to myself. I still felt sticky from that beer that had been spilled on me the night before.

Matt smiled. "Yeah, you probably should. I'll be downstairs," he said, and unexpectedly leaned down to catch my lips in a brief kiss.

After I had taken my shower and gotten on some clean clothes, I ambled my way downstairs. Matt was sitting on the couch in front of the TV and I sat down next to him. He placed his arm around me as I leaned farther into him. After awhile I sighed.

"Matt? About last night... what does that make us?" I asked quietly, and looked up at him.

"Whatever you want it to make us," he smiled slowly.

"So if I said that makes us married with seven children, then what?" I smirked.

He laughed. "Then I'd say, 'Damn baby, you look hot for having seven kids. Maybe we should go make more'."

I laughed along with him and kissed his cheek. "You're cute, Matty. ...Do you wanna be with me?" I asked, letting the laughter die down.

"More than you could know," he said back.

I licked my lips and then smiled. "Then it's settled. Let's go make more babies like you said."

Matt shook his head and smiled before he leaned down to kiss me, to which I gladly responded.