I Won't Apologize

IKEA

“Angel no” I called out before I shot straight up in my bed. This always happens whenever I speak to my brother. I always end up having nightmares about him going somewhere with a bomb, the bomb going off and my brother either getting hurt or dying. I couldn’t wait until he was back home in a couple of months then I could stop worrying about his safety whenever he was out on his secret missions.

I looked over at my alarm clock and noticed that it was only six o’clock. Knowing that I wasn’t going to be able to fall back asleep I sighed and rolled out of bed. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a towel before walking towards the bathroom to shower. I wasn’t in the shower for more than five minutes when there was a small knock on the door.

“Ry get the hell out of the shower already I have to pee damnit” Flora yelled from the other side of the door.

“I just got into the fucking shower Flo” I laughed peeking out of the shower and popping the lock to let Flo in.

“Really huh it seemed like forever” she giggled coming into the bathroom.

“So are we going to go get some stuff today for the common room?” I asked her while I was rinsing the soap off my body.

“We need to because that small 19 inch television in there won’t cut it for our movie nights, and we need a coffee table, and a rug, and a new lamp, and some picture frames, and maybe a mirror and…”

“Ok Flo I get it we need tons of stuff,” I giggled, “now can you get out so that I can finish taking my shower in peace?”

“Alright fine, I’m done anyway but hurry up” she said flushing the toilet and walking out of the bathroom.

I stood in the shower for another twenty minutes before getting out and heading to my room to get dressed. While I was getting dressed Brie had jumped into the shower and Flora left to go pick us up some breakfast from the café because we still needed to stock up on food for our room. Once I was dressed I put on a light dusting of makeup on my face and grabbed a jacket before I walked back out to the living room.

I looked around and wondered how the heck we were going to decorate it so that it could fit all of our personalities without it clashing. Flora came back to the room with our food just as Brie had come out of her room fully dressed. We ate our breakfast and discussed just how exactly we were going to fix the room up.

“Wait Ryan didn’t you say that you have a ’69 Camaro?” Brie asked as we were about to leave.

“Yea I did why?”

“How are we supposed to fit everything in the car and the three of us? Unless you have a trailer”

“Oh crap I forgot about that, I returned the trailer yesterday fuck….I mean fudge sorry” I apologized.

“How the heck are we going to get our stuff now?” Flora asked pacing the hallway.

“My brother has an f-150 I can ask him if he can take us” Brie said softly biting her lip.

“So do it woman the state of our living room is at stake here” Flora yelled running up to Brie and shaking her gently.

Brie and I both laughed while Brie took out her phone and called her brother. It took her a couple of minutes to convince him to drive us but he soon agreed and told us to meet him outside our building in about five minutes.

“I think it’s time for you to give us some details on your brother, is he hot? What’s his type?” Flora asked Brie while we waited.

“You don’t have to answer her Brie, she is a bit boy crazy” I said to Brie shaking my head.

“Am not” Flora huffed.

“Right because you didn’t drool over every guy that you thought was hot in high school and walking around campus yesterday”

“Shut it!” Flora yelled smacking me with her purse.

Brie laughed at Flora and I while we pretended to have a cat fight outside of our dorm. We didn’t care about all the people that were staring at us and giving us weird looks as they walked by watching us, we were bored and needed to entertain ourselves. Flora and I jumped away from each other when we heard a car honking at us.

“There goes Nate” Brie smiled softly walking over towards the Ford F-150 that was parked right in front of us. I picked up my purse from the ground and quickly walked over towards the truck and hopping in.

“Hey Nate thanks for driving us” Brie smiled at her brother kissing him on the cheek.

“No problem sis” he smiled back showing off his dimples and kissing her on the cheek as well.

“Nate these are my roommates Flora Wells and Ryan Perez you guys this is my older brother Nathan” Brie said introducing everyone. We said our hello’s and buckled our seatbelts before Nate started to drive off.

He took us over to IKEA which was a bad idea because Flora always gets lost when we go there and ends up buying a crap load of things most of which we could do without. Once Nate parked the car Flora jumped out and ran over to Brie grabbing her hand and pulling her into the store. I laughed at Flora knowing that the only reason she was dragging Brie in was because she knew what I liked already but didn’t know what Brie liked yet so she was going to need her opinion on everything. I heard a deep chuckle from behind me and turned around to see Nate laughing at Flora as well.

“Is she always like that?” He asked walking beside me.

“Yea pretty much but right now it’s ten times worse because you brought her to her favorite store”

“Ah ok” he smiled.

“We should probably hurry up after them before we lose them in there” I smiled. Nate nodded and followed me into the store and grabbing a kart to put some of the little things in.
It took us both a good twenty minutes to find the girls but neither of us minded because we started to play twenty-one questions to get to know one another better. Nate said he wanted to get to know me to make sure that I wasn’t some sort of psycho that was living with his sister, I had a feeling that wasn’t the real reason why but I went along with it anyway.

“There they are” I said pointing over to one of the many living room sets. I shook my head when I heard Brie and Flora arguing about the price of the set. “Give it up Brie once Flora sets her mind to buying something there is no changing it.”

“Yea well it must be changed because I am not spending $80 on a freaking lamp that I can buy at Target for a quarter of the price” Brie complained.

“But if we get it at target it won’t match we have to buy it, come on please Ry” Flora begged giving me the puppy dog look. I could never say no to that look so with a sigh I told her we would get it and then I turned to Brie and told her she wouldn’t have to pay for it since I was going to buy everything. Brie protested but soon gave in when I told her that she could buy the television for us. I ended up paying $1400 for everything which I didn’t mind because I was all prepared to pay way more than that when I saw that we were coming to IKEA.

Nate loaded everything up in his truck and wouldn’t let any of us help him. With everything loaded in the truck he got in and drove us over to Best Buy to get a television for our living room.

“Now you two can stay in here while Brie and I go get a t.v for your room and one for mine, I don’t want to be loading up any more shit in my truck than I have to” Nate told both Flora and I before he got out and followed Brie who had already gone into the store.

“What’s his problem?” Flora huffed.

“Um maybe it’s the fact that you went totally crazy in IKEA and bought a huge ass sofa bed, two tables, two lamps, a ceiling lamp, a footstool, a rug and three pictures when we were only supposed to get a couch and a table” I rolled my eyes at her.

“If I had only picked out a couch and a table then the room would have still looked fucking bare.”

I shooked my head at my best friend and leaned in front turning up the radio.

“So Nathan is fucking hot I wonder which one of us is going to get the chance to hit that” Flora said looking out the window at Nate and Brie who were coming back to the truck.

“Flora” I giggled hitting her arm softly.

“What? You know you were thinking the same thing” she giggled.

“Yea but thinking it and saying it is two very different things” I smiled shaking my head again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so sorry that I haven't updated this story in such a long time. I had gotten a bit of writer's block with this story, but hopefully that is all over now. I'm going to try and write a bit more for this story and get ahead so that I can update regularly so please bare with me. I would love it if you would comment and tell me that you are still reading and how you like the story.

Ryan's Outfit