Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Nerves

OMG I am soooooo nervous!!!!

Avenged Sevenfold are such a big band! I mean, Escape The Fate aren't super famous yet, they've only just started! And other bands I've worked for on tours aren't well-known either. But Avenged Sevenfold.... Wow.... This was gonna be interesting....

Apparently they were all very good looking. That was just adding more trouble to the mix. I began to wonder who I would be hooking up with. I shook that thought away. I had a boyfriend. I have to be serious about relationships.

I checked myself over in the mirror once more. First impressions would mean everything. I decided I looked decent enough and left my apartment, locking the door behind me. I got a taxi quickly and told the driver the address of the studio where I worked at.A studio belonging to Warner Bros Reprise Records wasn't far from my small apartment, so I got there in about 10 minutes, with a spare 5 minutes before Avenged Sevenfold arrived.

The receptionist greeted me, and I joined her behind her desk. We casually talked as I waited for 5 men to walk in. She already had the legal documents for me to sign (about profits, legal rights, etc) and my lawyer was using the bathroom; he would be out any second now. Sure enough he walked out and now we were just waiting for these young idiots to come. Gosh, I hoped I hadn't gotten myself into something bad. Perhaps they weren't as good as everyone was saying. Maybe they were complete assholes. Maybe they were gonna waste my time.

I was just thinking about getting some beer to top up my fridge in the studio with, when I heard the door open. This was my first sighting of Avenged Sevenfold.

The first one in the door had very short hair and wore sunglasses and a sleeveless black shirt with some design on the front. I noticed his arms were totally covered in ink. Next, a shorter man walked in, sporting a Mohawk and a black top over jeans. Wow, talk about attitude. Then the tallest member walked in, a cool black hair style cropped his face and he was dressed casually in all black, like the rest of them. The last two members were walking just a tad slower and were joking around with each other, laughing loudly. The first to walk in was the shorter one of the two, but not as short as Mr. Mohawk Man. His hair was short and black, and was also wearing a sleeveless shirt, showing off tattoos. He seemed like he would be the nicest out of the band. The slightly taller one had longer black hair that was sticking out at weird angles and a small patch of facial hair at the bottom of his chin. Once again, he had a sleeveless black shirt on, once again showing interesting tattoos running down both of his arms. I had a feeling that he was the ladies man.

So this was Avenged Sevenfold. At least they were all pretty good looking....

The guy wearing the sunglasses walked confidently straight up to me and introduced himself. I knew instantly that he must be the front man, and most likely the lead singer.

“Hi, I’m Matt.”

“Ashleigh,” I said, nodding at him. “You wanna go into the studio and talk business?” He nodded, and we all filed into my studio. This was going to be our home for the next few months, if they accepted my offer. My lawyer read over the legal documents, making sure that everyone was clear on the terms. It all seemed to be going fine. They even had sympathy and understood when I asked that a small portion of the profits of the album’s success went towards my favourite cancer charity. I lost my father to cancer, and it wasn’t easy. Loosing someone who you are very close to is never an easy thing.

“Well, that’s all. Everyone just needs to sign here,” my lawyer said, pointing to a certain page. I saw the band exchanging looks. They seemed quite happy with the papers. As if to prove me right, Matt picked up the pen first and signed. They all followed his lead, and I was the last to sign.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashleigh is a character that I made up who is meant to represent you in the story. This chapter is just basically an introduction to her and how she came to know Syn.