Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Cafe Talk

*Half an hour later*

I had to meet with Zacky. He was the only one I trusted at the moment. I had a feeling that Matt would bring Synyster with him. And Jimmy and Johnny? Well, they didn’t seem like they could care less. But I had bonded with them the least. It was still professional, not good friends.

I arranged with Zacky to meet him at a cafe that was far away from the studio. He promised only he would go and we could talk in private. I found it weird that I was trusting in Zacky, who I have known for such a short time compared to some of my other friends. But then again, none of my friends knew about Synyster, and Zacky had been his friend for so long now.

I walked into the small cafe and spotted him straight away. He was already munching on a sandwich and had a drink next to him. I absent-mindedly walked over to his table and sat opposite him.

“I’ll pay. What do you want?” he said sweetly.

“Nothing. I’m fine.”

“Last time you said you were fine, you were nowhere near being fine,” he commented. When I didn’t reply, he just bought me a sandwich and left it up to me whether or not I ate it. I sat there waiting for him to say something. He stayed quiet.

“Aren’t you gonna say something?” I questioned.

“Not ‘til you eat.” I took a small bite out of the sandwich. “So, start from the start. What happened with Heath?”

I told him the events of the morning. Just thinking about it made me feel horrible. By the time I had finished, I had tears in my eyes again.

“So he read the text from Syn and then he dumped you?” Zacky shortened the story to one sentence.

“Why did Gates send me that? He has a girlfriend; he knew I was with my boyfriend... It doesn’t make sense,” I said. “Is he trying to fuck up my life?”

“I doubt it,” Zacky said with a smile.

“Well, what then?” I asked, seeing he knew something about Synyster and wasn’t telling me. His grin had given him away.

“’Cause Syn doesn’t do that. He’s not that mean, ya know.”

“What else? I can tell you wanna say more,” I said, but he shook his head.

“We’re talking about you and Heath, not you and Syn,” he said, taking another massive bite of his sandwich. His phone was on the table and went off. He glanced down. “You wanna get that?” I was surprised I could understand him, he had his mouth full.

“It’s your phone, not mine.”

“I know. It’s Syn. Get it for me please, I’m eating.” When I didn’t he added, “It’s just a text.”

I reached over the table and grabbed his phone. The text from Synyster said ‘How is she?”

“He knows you’re with me?” I asked.

“Yeah, they all do. Just don’t know where. What did it say?” I read the text out to him. “Well I can’t reply to that, you haven’t said how you are yet.” I put his phone back on the table next to him.

“He’s not the person I want to be talking to right now.” But then I thought about what I had just said. I did want to be talking to him. If he was sitting next to me, hugging me and telling me that everything would be alright, I think I would be a lot happier. And those brown eyes that I was crazy for. I put my head in my hands.

“Are you alright?” Zacky asked, suddenly very concerned.

“Not really,” I admitted.

“What is it?”

“Promise you won’t tell anyone? And I mean that, or you are dead.” I managed to say that with a complete serious look on my face.

“Of course,” he said.

“I think I’m crushing on Syn.”

His jaw fell and just about hit the table.