Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Buttons

“I think I’m crushing on Syn.”

His jaw fell and just about hit the table.

“You are not...” He was stunned by the comment I had just made.

“I think I am.”

“But... You two are always annoying each other and fighting about every single little thing,” he said, putting his sandwich down on his plate. “How could you like a guy who’s constantly pestering you?”

“Brown eyes?” I shrugged. They were stunning, just like the rest of him. “Can you remember how you told me a while ago that he likes me? As more than a friend?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Is that still true?” I wondered. I HAD to know the answer. This boy was making me crazy. What a pity it took a break up for me to realise that I liked him a lot.

“Yeah, it is actually. I think he’s afraid to break up with Michelle because Matt’s going out with Val, her twin sister,” Zacky explained.

“Oh, I had no idea they were twins. I’ve never met Michelle before, only Val... Wait... That explains the dirty looks she gives me when I’m with Synyster...” I told Zacky about the reactions I had seen from Val.

“Honestly, I think Michelle is quite happy with Brian, but I don’t think he is happy with her,” Zacky explained. Well, that was good. “But he’s in no hurry to dump her.” Damn! I just realised that I was already considering a new boyfriend, and that man was the one who had got me dumped in the first place. This was bizarre, but I can’t control my emotions that well.

“I really don’t know what to do now,” I said and I glanced at the clock on the wall. “We’ll have to go back soon.”

“I know. What would you like to happen? Would you like to hook up with him?” Zacky asked, obviously mapping something in his mind.

“No!”

“Oh please, every girl wants him!” Zacky exclaimed and I laughed.

“Yes, he’s irresistible!” I said sarcastically, but actually kind of meaning it.

“How about we leave here and go back to the studio and we’ll conjure up something for you to try so you can be happy,” he suggested, standing up.

“You don’t want me to be happy,” I said simply.

“Of course I do,” he said while I stood up too. I shook my head.

“You want Syn to be happy.”

“And I want you two to stop arguing. I think if you two were going out, then we wouldn’t have a problem. Sure, you’re pushing each other’s wrong buttons, but I know you can also push the right ones,” he said. “Come on, let’s go.”

As we left the cafe, I considered what he had just said. Was it true? Did he really think that we could be a couple? He managed to cheer me up and by the time we reached the studio, everyone else was already back, waiting to rock. Including Mr. Gorgeous Brown Eyes.

“Are you alright?” Matt asked, approaching me as I walked in through the door after Zacky.

“Yeah, thanks,” I replied. He gave me a quick hug and then explained that he wanted to record some vocals. And back to work I went.