Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Piano

*At 5:30pm ish*

Synyster was playing the piano. He was actually pretty good at it too. I sat there listening to him. He was completely absorbed in the music. He hadn’t realised that everyone else had left, so I went to tell him. But I couldn’t interrupt the beautiful noise he was making. I walked slowly up to the side of the grand piano. He had his eyes closed, proving he was completely engrossed in his song. He finished it off, then sat there, listening to the sound fade. Then he opened his eyes and got a fright when he saw me standing there. I couldn’t help but smile gently at the cute shocked look he had gotten.

“How long have you been there for?” he asked.

“Not long. You’re very good at playing the piano,” I remarked.

“Thanks,” he said, looking up at me with a cute smile and his brown eyes shone proudly. “Do you play?”

“Oh no,” I laughed. “I’m horrible at the piano! There’s a reason I stick to the guitar and vocals. And occasionally drums.”

“But I’ll kick your arse at guitar any day,” he said, sounding a tad flirty.

“I know. There’s a reason Avenged Sevenfold are known for their solos.” I complimented him and he looked away with a small grin on his face. “It’s true!” He looked back.

“So why are you still here?” he questioned in a deep, husky, but yet quiet, voice as he stood up. He was standing very close to me. He stared slightly down into my eyes, and I gazed right back into his beautiful eyes. I lost my breath for half a second. This only happened in dreams.

“Letting you know that your friends have gone,” I said softly back to him, titling my head just a bit to the right.

“Really?” He titled his head to his right, and leaned in closer to me. My heart dropped into my guts and butterflies danced around in my stomach. I knew that he was going in for a kiss. I couldn’t wait to feel the sweetness of his lips on mine. His hand reached up and touched the left side of my chin gently. “Look, I’m sorry about your boyfriend, and everything else that happened today.” I could feel his breath against my skin. I just wanted him to kiss me.

“Don’t worry about it,” I said as I shrugged. I wrapped my right arm around his neck. It made him smile ridiculously big. “He was just a rebound guy.” I applied some pressure on his neck, hinting that he should just kiss me. He tenderly lifted my chin up. Both of our eyes were already half closed. The gap of air between our lips slowly got lesser.....

Someone coughed from behind us. Syn’s hand suddenly repulsed away from my chin. From shock of being caught trying to kiss him, my hand fell from his neck. Syn looked around me and I spun around to see who had interrupted our romantic movie scene.

“Have you seen my mp3 player?” Johnny asked from the doorway. I felt the disappointment of not getting that kiss sink in.

“Oh yeah, I borrowed it before, remember?” Synyster said, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out Johnny’s music player.

“Right. Sorry. I thought I had left it here,” he said. “You want a ride home?”

“Yeah, of course,” Syn said, putting the music player back in his pocket. He picked up his jacket off the piano seat. He was about to walk past me and leave, but he hesitated when he saw me and my disappointment. He put his arm on my shoulder and softly kissed my cheek. “See ya tomorrow.” He gave me a quick smile before departing.

I sat down on the piano stool. I continued to sit for about 10 minutes, just thinking about Mr. Synyster Gates. I think it’s pointless to say who I dreamt of that night.