Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

How Could You?

He kissed me...

We finished the song (just) and I quickly left the room to stop recording our new masterpiece. When I exited the recording room, I noticed that there were two girls (twins) standing in the studio glaring at me evilly. VERY evilly. I ignored them and stopped recording the song. Matt and Syn were the first two to walk through the door and join me. When they saw Val and Michelle standing there waiting for them, I think they knew they were in trouble.

Val went up to Matt and started talking very quietly to him. She was talking so fast and hushed I couldn’t make out anything she was saying. The rest of the band walked through. They sensed the tense vibe straight away and kept quiet.

“Hey babe,” Syn said, stretching his arms out to embrace Michelle as he moved towards her. She told him to back off. “What’s the matter?” He had a big and very sad frown on his pretty face. It was so unusual. Synyster was always smiling, always cheerful, always having a good time. Well, when he wasn’t arguing with me, which was gradually happening less. But now, he was confused and hurt. His girlfriend had just rejected a hug from him, for no apparent reason.

“How could you?” She barely managed to say that. I saw tears well up in her eyes.

“How could I what?” Syn whispered, trying to comfort her. She moved backwards again.

“You kissed her.” Oh shit. This was about me. My mouth opened slightly with shock. “It would be different if she kissed you, and you had no control over it. But I saw you kiss her.”

“Michelle...”

“Shut up!” she screamed and the tears started falling. “You kissed her! What happened to us?” Synyster stayed quiet. He hung his head as she continued to lecture him. The weird thing was that I didn’t even feel bad. I wanted him to be single. I wanted to be with him. This Michelle, she didn’t deserve him.

“Look...” Synyster started, trying to explain himself.

“Fuck you. It’s over.” She turned and left the studio.