Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Lunch?

“Fuck you. It’s over.” She turned and left the studio. Val went after her and naturally, Matt followed. Zacky went up to Syn. He fell into the couch and I saw tears in his beautiful eyes. Maybe he did love her. Maybe I was being selfish thinking that she didn’t deserve him. If he was happy with her, then shouldn’t I be happy for him?

“You alright?” Zacky asked softly, sitting next to him. Synyster put his head in his hands and let out a big sigh. I was frozen. I had no idea how I was meant to react to the situation. As Zacky patted Syn’s shoulder, he gestured to the empty place on the couch next to Syn. I assumed that was for me when no one else moved. I sat on the other side of Syn.

“I’m sorry,” I said sympathetically. Even though I doubted myself because I didn’t know if I really meant it or not, I still wanted to make him feel better. I rubbed his back, in the middle of his broad shoulders, gently and showed him that I cared.

“Fuck.” That was all he managed to say. I think he was in shock. No one knew that the twins had arrived early for lunch and were watching our performance. No one had expected Syn to be dumped. A minute passed. “Did that really happen?” He had pulled his head up. To my surprise and delight, he hadn’t been crying. He didn’t look at me or Zacky, just stared straight ahead into space.

“I guess it’s completely my fault huh?” I admitted. I had been worrying about that. I didn’t want to be the reason why he got dumped, even if he had got me dumped.

“What did you do?” he asked, turning to me. I saw some pain and sorrow in those gorgeous eyes. But the brown was still a deep sexy brown, inviting me for another kiss. I stayed quiet, almost hypnotised by those eyes. “I was the one who kissed you, not the other way around. It’s all my fault. I deserved everything that came to me.”

“OK... That’s a good point,” I admitted. “I really don’t know what to say to make you feel better know. Sorry.”

“I think you do,” he said as Zacky stood up. I hadn’t even realised that Gena had walked in.

“I’ll catch you guys after lunch, k?” he said. He didn’t even wait for an answer, he just left with Gena wrapped around his waist. I noticed Johnny and Jimmy leaving also. Typical. They had left me and Synyster alone again.

“So, what am I meant to say? ‘Cause I really don’t have a clue,” I said quietly and I leaned back into the back of the couch. He joined me, resting into the comfy couch and letting out another long sigh. Our shoulders and arms were against each other. I realised that I longed to be cuddling up to him. I looked to my right, trying to catch a glimpse of those eyes that I knew would make my heart melt. I had become so vulnerable to him since Heath had left me. I waited, but he didn’t answer me. “Syn? What is it? I would do anything to make you happy right now.” Of course that got the attention of his dirty mind.

“Anything?” he asked, raising one eyebrow at me. I finally saw those mischievous, but gorgeous eyes. A small grin had finally showed on his beautiful face.

“Within reason,” I added, and the grin was wiped away as quick as it had appeared. “Hey, cheer up.”

“Will you go to lunch with me?” he asked shyly.

“Sure. Now?” He nodded and I attempted to stand up. He somehow managed to sneak his arm around me and pull me back down onto the couch so I was half on the couch and half on him. My hands had landed on his shoulders, to stop me from completely falling on him and head butting him or something else stupid and embarrassing. From the force of the pull, my face ended very close to his. He had taken my breath away. He used his other hand to gently push my hair behind my ear.

“Do you know why I kissed you?” he whispered.

“No,” I admitted.

“Because I owed you from the other day,” he said and then kissed me again. He was so sweet and gentle when he wanted to be.

“And what was that one for?” I wondered, my lips still close to his.

“Because I felt the need to,” he replied with a small cute smile. I felt those butterflies start flying around in my stomach again. “Now, I believe we have a lunch date.”

“That we do,” I said as he removed his arm from around me. I stood up and we left the studio to go out for lunch.

How did he manage to get over Michelle that quickly? Or was I just a rebound girl already? Zacky had said before that Syn actually likes me, but was he just lying for his best friend?

I guess I would find out soon enough. We were both single and we both obviously wanted each other. Now one of us just needed to make the first move. Or had it already been made?