Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Hard Worker

Lunch went good. We talked casually as if we were good friends and had known each other for ages. He seemed fine, even though he had just been dumped.

When we returned to the studio, Matt had an awesome idea for another song and we began the whole brainstorming and rearranging our ideas process. I must admit, these guys were awesome. I became more and more excited about the music as the days went on. Synyster only argued with me a few times, which actually made me happy. He was improving and pissing me off less, so I found I could concentrate and help to produce a better piece of music.

As usual, the rest of the day flew by, and it was time for everyone to depart.

“I’m calling it a day,” Syn announced, stretching his arms up above his head. “My brain hurts.” I smiled as Matt agreed.

“Alright then, peace out,” Zacky said as he quickly stood up and walked out. Jimmy and Johnny weren’t far behind him, both making an excuse as why they should leave early. That left me stuck with Syn and Matt. I busied myself with collecting up the papers that had been spread out on the floor and table, hoping they would leave soon and leave me to it. I didn’t want them to know I was going to stay for a long time afterwards.

“So, Big Bear is coming together?” Matt asked me.

“Yeah, I’m sure that after a bit of mixing I can get a decent enough guideline for us to use and start making a proper song,” I replied as Syn started helping me with the last few papers. “Are you considering it for the album?”

“I think it’s too early to say,” he said as he walked away. Syn handed me the last few papers and flashed a quick grin before standing up and following Matt.

“’Night!” Syn yelled as he disappeared through the open door. Matt was about to leave as well, but then paused and looked back at me.

“Don’t you do an all-nighter, will you?” he cheekily said with a small smile.

“No, of course not...” I laughed. He saw right through me.

“You so are going to,” he said leaning in the doorway and crossing his arms. He was really implying that he was going nowhere.

“Yo! Matt! Are you coming or not?” I heard Syn shouting down the corridor. “I wanna go to that strip club! Pronto!” Matt exchanged a weird look with me just before Syn appeared behind him. I stood up and moved around the room, putting down the papers in a safe place. The last thing I wanted to do was loose the day’s work.

“Go and take him to his strip club,” I said to Matt as I moved to a computer.

“Fine. But you better not over do it.” He was reluctant, but left anyway. After I was certain that he wouldn’t come back, I began my work.

*5 o’clock the next morning*

Being deprived of my sleep had finally taken its toll, and I knew that I needed to leave now. I reached for a pen and a blank piece of paper. I checked I had saved my work and then double checked it. Now, what was I meant to say to the guys?

‘A7x’ I headed the paper. On the next line, I wrote ‘Shadows – I know you said don’t stay up, but couldn’t help it. Have taken your guitar idea and played around with it. Play ‘Guitar 16’. Can you or Rev get some lyrics for it?’ I paused.

‘Gates & Vengeance – duelling guitars??? What do you think? Couldn’t get that to work very well, I’m not a pro.’ What else...

‘Christ – yes, I know that sounds weird... But I hope your Mohawk is still there.’ He had commented about his hair growing back and he how needed to fix it up tonight. No, last night.

‘Have also spent a lot of time trying to remix our draft for Big Bear – let me know what you think. Have taken Rev’s piano & drums & our recording of vocals (etc) from the other day to get a semi-decent guideline (I hope). It sounds pretty good.’ Because it was 5 in the morning, I wasn’t thinking that well, so I left it at that. I signed it ‘xo Ash’.

As I went to reception (which was obviously empty at this time in the morning) to get some cello tape, I found myself wondering who they would think the ‘xo’ is for. I stuck the note to the door and shut down all the equipment. I wandered outside and wrapped my coat around me to protect myself from the chill.

While getting a lift in a taxi, Poison came on the radio. I found myself relating it directly to Synyster. For the first time, I managed to admit to myself that I really liked him and needed to do something about it. I paid the taxi driver and forced my sleepy feet to take me into the apartment building and into the right room. I set my alarm to give me an extra hour of sleep, meaning that I would only be an hour late to work tomorrow. They would understand. I barely managed to put my head on my pillow before my world turned black...
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a boring chapter, I know. But I promise it will get more interesting soon!