Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

A Taste Of Your Own Medicine

*The Next Morning*

I woke up nice and early and prepared myself for the havoc I was about to create in the studio today. After having a shower, I straightened my hair and then got changed. I wore my ripped black jeans with a black sleeveless t-shirt (with small straps). It had a white random pattern on it and a nice neckline. I topped off the look with awesome punk boots and the Fedora I had bought last night. I tilted the hat just a tad and decided it looked perfect. I added my white studded belt and applied my eyeliner very heavily. I slipped on a long black jacket and exited my apartment.

I walked into the studio to find only Matt and Zacky there. When they saw me they were so surprised. I slipped off my coat and chucked it over the back of a chair and sat next to them. Zacky’s jaw had dropped at what I was wearing.

“You are so dead,” he commented, still staring at what clothes I had on.

“I know,” I shrugged. Matt just chuckled to himself.

“Jimmy’s gone awol again,” Zacky said as someone walked in. I turned around and saw Johnny. He suddenly stopped and took a step back while looking at me very strangely.

“What- Who- Never mind...” he said, shaking his head and coming to join us.

“If that’s how you react, I can’t wait ‘til Brian gets here,” Matt said, still laughing to himself. He was enjoying this more than me!

5 minutes later, Syn arrived. He walked through the door and took off his jacket. Chucking it on the same chair that had my coat on it, he made his way over to us. I saw he had a black sleeveless t-shirt on with a random white pattern and black ripped jeans (I had made a good guess). He sat down next to me, not noticing anything yet. Everyone was silent. He adjusted his Fedora, then noticed I had one on too. Then he realised I was wearing pretty much everything he was too. He looked at me, puzzled, but still irresistibly hot.

“What are you doing?” he said, not taking his eyes off me. I saw a small grin appear on his face as he processed what was happening. I shrugged in response and broke eye contact with him. I noticed Zacky and Matt trying so hard to not laugh. “Okay, jokes over... You can go and get changed now.” Syn waved a hand at me and leaned back in his chair.

“What do you mean?” I asked, trying my best to sound arrogant, like he was yesterday.

“Well, surely you brought a change of clothes. This is just a prank on me, I get it, ha ha, very funny,” he said. When I didn’t move and kept a puzzled expression on my face (trying to recreate the same look he had a few seconds ago) he realised I was going to look like him for the rest of the day. “Oh...”

Zacky couldn’t hold it in any longer. He burst out laughing.

“What are you laughing at?” Synyster and I said that at the same time and in the same disgusted tone. We glanced at each other. This made Matt join Zacky. As they laughed at us, Johnny just shook his head with a huge smile on his face. Gates got pissed off. He tipped his hat down over his eyes, crossed his arms and kept quiet. I copied him. That got Johnny laughing too. It was so hard to keep a serious face...

Eventually, we got around to doing some work on our new song. Critical Acclaim. I recorded lots of guitars and bass, but it was hard to really get a feel for the song without drums. I let Matt and Johnny go early for lunch (they both had dates) so I got an extra hour with the two legend guitarists. That was of course a recipe for disaster, considering what I was wearing...

We all sat in the studio with an electric guitar each. Synyster stuffed up pretty much every single solo he did. He was majorly distracted and didn’t put any heart into his work at all. I made sure that Zacky left for lunch before Syn did.

“What are you trying to do to me?” he asked as soon as Zacky had left. I pretended I was him and just shrugged in response, not really paying attention like most males do. “Ashleigh!” He grabbed my shoulders and forced me to turn to face him and look him in his eyes. I saw confusion in those gorgeous brown eyes. I think I had finally managed to stump him.

“Do you realise how much of a dick you are to me?” I asked quietly as he removed his hands from my shoulders. He still looked at me funny, so I explained to him how he had always been contradicting me, arguing about every second thing I said, and how this wouldn’t be good for the band and the album in the long run. He had to stop it. If me pretending to be him would make him realise and behave properly, then I was up for it. “All your friends tell me that you’re such a cool guy, but I have hardly seen that guy.” His eyes darted away to focus on the floor.

“Alright...” he scarcely whispered. His eyes fluttered back up to mine, and I saw some pain in those deep, sexy chocolate brown eyes. “I’m sorry.” I could tell he meant it. He suddenly seemed intense and changed. I knew this man standing in front of me wasn’t going to argue with everything I said.

I just took notice of his red Fedora, the way it changed his facial features. I must admit, he looked damn good with a Fedora on. I remembered that I had one on too, then remembered I was still meant to be acting like him. In one swift movement, I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him gently.

“What... Are you feeling alright?” he asked me and I smiled back in return.

“Just being like you,” I replied with a shrug. “You know, the whole randomly kissing me thing...”

“Ahh...” Syn said, nodding. “I tend to do that often, huh?” His eyes filled with happiness again and he hugged me. I never wanted him to let go. It was then that I felt a physical attraction for him.

“I’m hungry, I needa go get lunch now,” I stated, pulling out, even though I really didn’t want to. He nodded in agreement.

“Could you get me something? I have to stay here and practice,” he said. “It seems like today I just can’t get it right...” He said that last part with a hint of sarcasm and a cute smile.

“Yeah, uh, sorry about that...” I said, backing away from him and towards the door. “I’ll see ya soon then.”

“Yeah...” He lightened his face up with a small smile and I left the room as he picked his guitar up again. I couldn’t wait to return to the studio after lunch.