Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Do You Like Him?

*1 Week Later*

“F*CK!!!” Syn yelled for the millionth time as he messed up his solo. Again.

“Would you stop swearing?” I asked, getting agitated with him. It must’ve shown in the tone of my voice, because Syn snapped back at me. Once again, we were arguing, and once again, Zacky had to come and stop us before someone got hurt. He came up behind me and put his hand over my mouth so I couldn’t argue anymore. I assume he gave Syn a strict look, because he became silent also.

Synyster is strange. Sometimes it seems like he likes me, as if he has a crush on me. But most of the time, he just yells and argues with me.

But I’m still hypnotised with those brown eyes. I don’t want to be his enemy, I want to be his friend. Or do I want to be more? After the first day in the studio, everything had gone fine, and I had received hugs from everyone. When I hugged Syn, I could feel the physical attraction between us. But the day after, he starts acting like a total *rs*h*le. I would love to know why.

Zacky picked up on it. He asked me if we could get lunch together. I knew this was going to mean some serious talking about Syn.

Sure enough, I found myself munching on a sandwich and being interrogated by Zacky, who was now a close friend of mine.

“Do you like him?”

“Like who?”

“You know who.”

“No I don’t,” I lied. He rolled his eyes.

“Syn.”

“Sure. He’s a cool guy... Sometimes...”

“I was meaning as more than a friend.” He was really getting straight to it.

“Why are you so eager to know?” I demanded. This was bizarre how he was persisting to find an answer.

He paused. “Can I tell you a secret?”

“Of course.”

“Syn likes you,” he said. “As more than a friend.”

I thought he was joking. “Yeah, that explains why he treats me like a piece of shit.”

“He’s a weird guy when it comes to girls that he actually likes. If he just wanted to fuck you, he would be acting a lot differently, trust me.”

“But he has a girlfriend,” I said, puzzling about Syn’s behaviour.

“That hasn’t stopped him in the past. Look, the guys want to have a party, at your house, for my birthday,” Zacky said, quickly changing the subject. “But only if you’re interested. Just us, a couple of beers, and somewhere other than the studio. It’ll be fun. Maybe you could talk to Syn while you’re at it.”

I considered that. If he was slightly drunk, I could probably get a truthful answer out of him. “Sure. How’s tomorrow?”

“Great.”

So it was set. Tomorrow night, party at my place for Zacky’s birthday.

And then I would find out what was going on in Syn’s head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the swearing. I put stars in, just in case I got flagged for it, but since it's a mature story, surely we can all handle it?