Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Police

I approached the two policemen.

“Miss Hanway?” one of them asked.

“Yes...” I replied, still completely lost and confused as to why they were here for me.

“Do you mind if we ask you a few questions about Mr Radke?” the other asked. Oh boy.

“Why? What’s happened?”

“He has been involved in a murder and we need to ask you a few questions about him,” I was told.

“WHAT?” My jaw almost hit the ground.

“We were informed that you were involved with Radke in a long-term relationship. Is that true?”

“Yes...” I answered and then they began firing away with every question you could possibly think of. I gave them the best answers I could, but I was still trying to process the fact that Ronnie had been involved in a murder. I couldn’t believe it. I knew him. He wouldn’t have done that... No way... They realised I had become repressed from them and I found tears coming to my eyes. I had been head over heels for Ronnie. He had already broken my heart once, why did he have to do it again? I saw out of the corner of my eye Syn heading towards me.

“Hey, are you alright?” he asked as he quickened his pace towards me and then pulled me into a tight and caring embrace. This, of course, made me start crying and the police started asking Syn questions too. Syn didn’t know Ronnie, so they talked to him about me, which was weird because I was right in front of them.

“Did he...” *sniff* “...kill the person?” I interrupted Syn telling them about what hours I worked.

“Uh... It’s an ongoing investigation, so we can’t really discuss that,” one said. The other was more sympathetic to me.

“But, it is looking like he wasn’t the actual murderer.” Relief flooded me and I managed to slow down my tears. I thanked him for telling me, and after a few more questions they left.

“You really should go home now,” Syn said sweetly and I nodded to agree with him. I couldn’t believe how upset I was getting over this. Ronnie was my ex, so why did I care so much? I had Brian now; I didn’t need to be dwelling over the past. He took my hand gently in his. “Come on, I’ll give you a ride.”

Later that night, I called up Max Green, the bassist from Escape The Fate, a good friend of Ronnie and myself. I caught up on all the gossip of what had happened with Ronnie and his other friend. Escape The Fate were already looking for a new lead singer to replace Ronnie. I wished Max and the rest of the band all the best and promised to catch up with them later. Then I hung up and spent over an hour just thinking about what had happened. For some reason I couldn’t process it. Ronnie and murder didn’t seem to go in the same sentence to me. It just couldn’t be true. I stayed up past midnight drinking wine until I fell asleep on the sofa...
♠ ♠ ♠
Not happy at all with how many people are commenting per chapter.