Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Driving

*29th December*

My alarm woke me up at 6am and I somehow managed to get myself in the shower and ready before 7, which was when Brian was going to come to pick me up. I was so excited about going out to a small house in the middle of nowhere with him, as ridiculous as that sounds. My only problem was that we both have very sexual backgrounds, so how were we going to control ourselves and have a decent relationship?

He arrived right on time.

“Morning beautiful,” he said and he gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. Then he spied my luggage. “Do you want me to bring your dresser as well?”

“Ha, ha, very funny,” I said sarcastically with a grin as he picked up two of my heavy bags.

“I’m serious,” he said, moving back towards the door. “These things are heavy!”

“Oh, puh-lease, I bet you have more bags than me!” I picked up the last bag which was a lot smaller than the other ones. I turned off the lights and quickly double checked in my mind if I had everything. Feeling satisfied, I shut and locked the door and followed Syn to outside where his car was waiting for us. I chucked my bag in the boot with his bags. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Shut up, you...” he said playfully with a cheeky grin. He knew that he had more bags than me. He got in the driver’s seat and I jumped into the passenger’s side and we headed off to his little piece of heaven.

“I don’t really wanna bring this up, but I kinda have to know...” Syn said after a two hours of driving.

“Go ahead, then.” Surely it wasn’t super important or personal...

“How, er, ‘intimate’ were you and Ronnie?” Okay, I didn’t expect that question...

“Uh, very. Why?”

“Just had to know...” he trailed off and pretended to be concentrating on the car in front of us.

“We were going to get married,” I stated to get his attention again.

“What?” His head whipped around to look at me.

“Watch the road!” I yelled as he just about crashed into the car in front of us. After a few minutes of silence and very intense concentration, he pulled over in a small town.

“You two were engaged?” he asked quietly as he shifted around in his seat to face me, making it clear that we weren’t going to be driving anywhere until we had gotten this awkward conversation out of the way.

“Yup...” I tried my best to make eye contact and act like it wasn’t a big deal. But of course it was quite a big deal.

“Were you going to ever tell me?”

“Of course!” I said. “Just once we were settling down a bit more. Not a few days after you finally stop treating me bad.”

“Which once again, I’m so sorry about that,” he said. My distraction had worked. I had hoped he would get off the topic of me and Ronnie and go onto the topic of us. ‘Cause that was what mattered now. I hope he saw that.

“Just understand that I only care about you now. I really have no clue why I broke down the other day over him,” I explained gently. “Now, can we keep on going to OUR holiday destination?” I emphasized the ‘our’ to make my words more believable.

“Yeah... Sorry...” He rubbed his eyes with both of his hands and then ran one of his hands through his hair. Letting out a sigh, he turned the car back on. I leant over and kissed him on the cheek quickly. “Okay, you really need to stop spending so much time around me.”

“What? Why?” I frowned.

“’Cause you’re stealing my ‘random kiss’ thing!” he exclaimed as he pulled out of the park and onto the main road. I chuckled and stared out my window. I suddenly had a very good feeling about this trip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next few chapters will get interesting, so comment please!

Just take a few seconds to say your favourite part and what you're thinking about the story: it will mean a lot.