Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Trekking

*The next day*

Syn had driven us back to that little town with only 5 houses in it to meet up with someone. Then we followed that car for a few minutes. I still had no idea where we were going, and Syn hadn’t told me either. Even when we pulled up to a ranch where there were tons of horses and chickens, I still had no clue.

“Horse trekking!” Syn announced proudly when I finally asked him what on earth we were doing at a farm.

“You’re joking!” I felt my eyes widen with excitement and I knew there was a massive grin on my face.

“Nope.” He opened his door and I somehow managed to get out of the state of shock and join him outside and start talking to the owner of the horses. Syn paid for it, making sure I didn’t see the price, and then we were taken around the back to where the stables were. Before getting on my horse, I gave Syn the biggest hug ever.

“You are seriously the best!” I said when I let him go. After a quick kiss on his cheek, I was up on my horse and ready to go.

*Midday*

We arrived back at the ranch for lunch. Even though it was a fun trek, it still felt like I had been sitting on that horse for eternity. Brian was let off his horse first and once he hit the ground and took a step away from the horse he winced.

“You are about to hate me, Ashleigh,” he said, taking another step and cringing again.

“Why?” I asked, sounding worried. What could possibly be that bad? I was helped off my horse and then when I went to take a step towards Syn, I realised why he was hurting. My bum and thighs were killing me. We had been warned at the start of the trek that you used different muscles when riding a horse, but they didn’t say it was going to hurt you A LOT. Somehow, we managed to go over to an empty space of grass next to the house where we were offered refreshments and a place to rest for a while.

“Wow...” Syn said, pretty much falling on the ground and groaning in pain. Then he said sarcastically, “That was fun...” His horse hadn’t liked him at all, and had many times started trotting (and scaring Brian heaps) or going off the path.

“It was. You just had to stay on the right path,” I teased him and then took a sip of juice.

“Not my fault your horse had a brain,” he complained. “Maybe dudes aren’t meant to go horse riding, ‘cause I swear my package is ruined.” We almost rolled on the ground laughing at that comment.

“Well that is NOT good,” I said, watching him move slowly on the ground, trying to get comfortable. He was in so much more pain compared to me.

“You’re driving back,” he said as he flipped over onto his stomach. He let out a large sigh of relief and then shut his eyes, resting his head on the grass. After 10 minutes of him resting on the grass, we headed back to our hideaway.

“I’m going to check my cell phone, do you want yours?” I asked him as he sat, defeated, in one of the deck chairs.

“Please?” he cringed. I brought both of our cell phones onto the deck. I had missed a ton of texts and calls.

One call from Max Green, and then a text explaining that he just wanted to make sure I was coping. A few calls from Zacky and Matt, a few of my girlfriends, and oh! Melissa! I wondered when I was going to hear from her! She had been busy working for Disturbed and I hadn’t heard anything from here for months! There were texts from Zacky and Matt, explaining that they wanted to know how everything was going and what had happened. There was even a missed call from Jimmy, which was weird. A text from Johnny saying the Mohawk wasn’t coming along good, and oh, I had just received a new text. From Synyster. I glared at him and he looked up at me with a devilish little grin. I opened the text. ‘How’s ur sxc ars? Minez sore az :(‘ it read and I laughed at his bizarre text.

“I’m not texting you back,” I said, staring at him. He was so damn gorgeous! “And mine’s sore too.”

“Can you make mine better for me?” he asked cheekily.

“How?” I wondered aloud.

“By sitting in the same chair as me instead of the chair on the other side of the damn deck!” he said and I chuckled at him as I stood up. “Well, I was just about shouting to make sure you could hear me!” I squashed myself next to him and he casually put an arm around my shoulders. We spent the next few minutes texting back everyone, then we made ourselves dinner. We ate it out on the deck, watching the sun disappear behind another hill. Once it got too cold, we made our way inside and I got the beer out.

“I’m gonna get soooo wasted...” I said when I noticed how many bottles of beer were in the fridge. Syn laughed, but didn’t know I meant it. The one thing I had the most trouble with resisting (apart from Syn, of course) was alcohol. After Syn had had one beer, I had already had 3...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?
Favourite part of the chapter?
Thoughts on anything at all, please :)