Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Worrying

“I have to go see what’s happened to him,” I said. I knew I was panicking. But what if he was dead? I had to know whether or not he was alright.

“He’ll be fine...” Matt tried to comfort me.

“Zacky’s not here either. They’re probably working on a new song and they don’t want anyone else to hear it yet,” Jimmy said.

“Zacky went home with a girl and wasn’t tired at all. Syn went alone and was so tired he was almost asleep!” I exclaimed. “What if he’s crashed? Oh God...” I pictured Syn lying dead in his driver’s seat, blood everywhere, his pretty face stained red and covered in shattered glass. I put my head in my hands, trying to shake the image away.

“He’s fine!” Matt said, sounding very intense.

“He’s just a man. You can’t expect him to be perfect,” Johnny complained. “So what if he’s late for once?” The door opened and my heart rose with hope. Then Zacky entered and it fell with disappointment.

“Where’s Brian?” I demanded.

“Why are you asking me?” Zacky countered. “I was busy with a girl, not him!” It was obvious he had no clue what was going on.

“Am I allowed to be worried yet?” I spat at Jimmy. He raised his eyebrows and looked away, annoyed with me. “I’m sorry... I just wanna know where he is...” My phone started ringing. I jumped and grabbed it quickly, almost dropping it. I saw the caller ID and relaxed.

“Is it him?” I was asked, but I didn’t take much notice.

“Hey! Where are you?” I questioned my phone.

“At home. I slept in, like, so badly,” came the reply and I let out a big sigh of relief. I was soooo glad to hear his voice again. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am now,” I said, feeling less agitated as the seconds flew by.

“Okay, well I’ll meet you for lunch then?” he asked and of course I said yes. We hung up and I found myself counting the minutes until it was time for our lunch break.

*Lunch time*

I hobbled down the street to the cafe that Brian had said he would be waiting for me outside. I saw him leaning against the wall, looking as cool and gorgeous as ever. Two cute girls walked past him, eyeing him up and giggling. He didn’t even look in their direction, and I felt a boost of confidence. He was choosing me, a girl who wasn’t able to walk properly for a while and probably looked bad (due to all of her stressing out all morning), over those almost perfect girls.

“Babe!” he said happily when he noticed me limping over to him. I received a humungous hug from him before we went into the cafe. He had no idea how excited I was to be back with him. We ordered food and then sat down at a quiet table near the back of the cafe.

“Did you really sleep for that long?” I asked him. “I know the guys are going to tell you I was freaking out about you, but it’s true. I was really worried about you.”

“What? Why?” He had the most adorable puzzled expression on his face.

“Uh, you were just about falling asleep when we said goodnight. How were you meant to drive yourself home safely?”

“Good point...” Then he realised how tough it must’ve been for me, not knowing what had happened until he finally called me back. “I’m sorry, but I didn’t know I was going to sleep for that long – I thought I’d get up at the usual time. Otherwise, I would’ve called you beforehand. I promise.”

“Guess I must’ve tired you out a lot, huh?” He looked away from the painting on the wall to stare at my eyes. Damn, I loved those brown eyes... He smirked with half of his mouth, giving the cocky expression of a jock.

“How, exactly, did you do that?” he said in a sexy voice. Now he was really being cocky.

“By being a cripple,” I said, trying to get his dirty mind off whatever he was imagining us doing. He laughed at me. “I hope you know I gave up catching up with Melissa just to see you.”

“Really?” he said as he begun to play with the salt and pepper shakers.

“Yeah. I haven’t seen her for so long it’s not even funny. Yet I choose a random guy over her?” I started chuckling to myself. “There must be something wrong with me...”

“No, you’re totally normal.”

“Why do you say that?”

“’Cause every girl would pick me over their friend,” he said and it was my turn to laugh at him.

“Yes, you are soooooo irresistible...” I said playfully and he grinned.

“I know.”

After lunch, Mel was in the studio. Sitting in Zacky’s lap. I could tell by her mischievous smile that the rest of the day was going to be fun...
♠ ♠ ♠
Got 5 comments for the last chapter, so I'm happy.

Another 5 for this one?

It's not that hard to make me happy by taking some time out to comment.