Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

You're Almost Easy

“It’s almost easy!” Matt half yelled half sung.

“I don’t think it’s working...” I muttered and he nodded his head.

“I know. I just can’t get my voice to work the way I want it to today,” he commented and tried again.

“Do the intro,” I suggested and he did. “No, like this: I feel insane!” I sung the three words and he copied.

“That sounds better than what we had before,” he admitted.

“Keep going,” I urged and he kept on singing.

“Can we get the other guys in here to back up for the chorus? See how that sounds?” Matt asked me, putting his hands behind his head and stretching.

“Sure. Guys!” I yelled, knowing they could hear me. The pretty much came running. They all lined up and stood at attention, like they were in the army.

“Yes ma’am!” Syn shouted, raising his hand to his head to salute me. Zacky, Johnny and Rev also were saluting with straight faces, but everyone started laughing soon enough.

“Alright, backup vocals please,” I ordered. For the next hour or so, I was a total bitch. I demanded perfection from their beautiful voices, and nothing less, trying to get the best for their album. Before I went out for a quick lunch break, Syn pulled me aside to talk to me.

“Why do you have to be so bitchy? I can’t do anything right!” he said in a hushed voice as his best friends put their coats on and discussed other things.

“I have to be! Otherwise YOUR album is gonna be shit!” I retorted and he looked away, realising I did actually have a motive. “I do not personally hate you, you should know that!”

“It’s just frustrating when your girlfriend is bossing you around at work,” he said, looking me directly in my eyes. I saw him pain in those beautiful brown eyes. “It’s not right...” I went to hug him, but he pushed me away from him.

“Brian...” I sighed.

“I’ll see ya after lunch,” he said and turned around. I almost felt my heart crumbling and the pieces falling into my stomach. What the hell just happened?

“You know, you’re almost easy,” I said. “Almost.” He paused, but still walked away from me, joining the rest of his band.

I met up with Melissa for lunch. I explained to her what had just happened at the studio with Syn.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked her and she shrugged.

“You’re boyfriend, not mine,” she said, taking a sip of her drink.

“Speaking of which, how is yours?” I questioned. “If you two are actually a couple or just sleeping together...”

“We are a couple, thank you very much!” she declared and I giggled. “I think he’s a great guy. Just ‘cause I discovered that by rooting him, doesn’t mean our relationship is gonna be horrible.”

“It’s so weird...” I said as I realised something. “I’m taking it slow, going back to the basics of a proper relationship. Yet here you are, doing the complete opposite, but still having a relationship.”

“Do you think me and Zacky can work out?” Mel looked up from her food, hope written all across her face.

“Sure... He’s a nice guy. Maybe you both needed to have sex before you started a relationship together. Maybe that will work for you guys.” I shrugged. “I just don’t know what happened with Syn today...”

“Well for all you know, he could be fucking another girl right now, couldn’t he?” Mel said and I felt upset. How could she say that? “But I’m sure he’s not!” She quickly added that sentence.

“How do you know?”

“’Cause of what Zacky’s told me,” she said after a moment of silence.

“What did he say?”

“He said Syn’s crazy for you. Like, absolutely crazy,” Mel said and I lost my breath.

“Really?”

“Yeah! The way Zacky said he was talking about you made me jealous that Zacky wasn’t talking about me like that!” she said and I felt the typical butterflies flying around in my stomach feeling. “Maybe he just had a bad day today. He’ll be fine tomorrow.”

“He better be...” Maybe she was right. Maybe he was just on his man period today...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to be nice to everyone and give you 3 updates this time!

Which means that there had better be a lot of feedback in my comments this time!