Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Distracted

“Fuck!” The next day Syn had gone back to messing up his solos and swearing as loud as possible before attempting it again. I thought he had gotten out of that habit since he had stopped annoying me. Zacky kept on going, almost perfecting the solo. “I hate you.” Syn glared at Zacky.

“Not my fault I’m way awesome at guitar today,” he said and I stood up to get them a beer each. I somehow managed to hobble with my crutches over to the fridge, and I knew Zacky thought I was out of earshot. But I wasn’t. “What is up with you man?”

“Nothing!” Syn hissed back.

“It’s to do with Ashleigh, isn’t it?”

“No, of course not,” Syn said after a pause. I chose three beers out of our mini fridge.

“Well whatever it is – fix it,” Zacky said harshly as I walked back over to them. I gave Zacky his beer first, then walked over to stand next to Syn (who was in my computer chair).

“Can I talk to you for a sec?” I asked him and he put his guitar down and stood up. We walked outside of the studio and I shut the door behind us. We had both opened our beers and took a quick gulp. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah. I’m fine.”

“Well you sure as hell don’t seem like it,” I said and he looked away, down at the ground. Once again, he was giving me the vibe that he wasn’t here. Completely disconnected from reality. I put my free hand up to his face and titled his chin so he looked at me. “I care about you. What’s wrong?” He took my hand off his face, but kept it in his in a tight grip.

“I’ll be fine,” he said, a bit more reassuring, but I still doubted him. He gave me a swift peck on the cheek and then helped me limp back into the studio.

He didn’t ace his guitar solo. He always fucked it up and swore as loud as possible at the guitar. I didn’t figure out what his problem was until lunch.

When both Val AND Michelle turned up.

What the hell was she doing here?
♠ ♠ ♠
And here's the third update. With another annoying drama cliffhanger! :P

Another (at least) 5 comments please!
Favourite part of the last 3 chapters?