Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

I Need You To Save Me

“Yeah, hi. I need you to save me,” he said. I heard a funny noise in the background... Was that a toilet flushing?

“Where are you?” I wondered.

“At the stupid restaurant,” he replied.

“Where abouts in the stupid restaurant?”

“The bathroom,” he admitted after a pause and I laughed at him.

“You’re pathetic,” I joked lightly.

“Can you save me? I can’t be polite to Zacky’s girl any longer,” he said. “And the food sucks. And I’m not allowed any beer.”

“Alright, alright...” I gave in. “Where is the restaurant?” He told me the name and I recognised it and knew it was only a few blocks from where I was. “I’ll be there in 10. You want me to bring you a beer?”

“Please and thank you!” he said, suddenly sounding very joyful. And that was the first time he had ever been polite to me and said ‘thank you’. We hung up and I quickly devoured the rest of my food. I was excited about meeting Syn, even if it was being mean to the other guys. But Syn’s looks were irresistible.

Moments later, I rushed out to go to the general store to buy 2 beers, and then hurried to the restaurant he was at. I saw him sitting at a table surrounded by the rest of his band and a few girls. I figured these were their girlfriends. Luckily, Syn was positioned so he could see out the window, and he spotted me standing in the cold as soon as I spotted him. He literally leapt up out of his seat and bolted towards the door. I think he exchanged a ‘bye’ with his friends, but I’m not too sure.

I did notice, however, that one of the females who was sitting next to Matt and another girl (Matt’s girlfriend?) was watching Syn, looking confused. When she saw him meet me and bulldoze me with a hug for the beer, her confusion turned to a frown. I didn’t see her complete reaction because I had to focus on handing Syn one of the two beers and walking away with him.

As we casually chatted and drank, I wondered why he had hugged me. I had tried to act casual about it, but the fact he’d never done that before had confused me. Another thing that had confused me was the strange feeling I had got in my stomach. I’m no stranger to that feeling, but over Syn? We both had significant others, so why did I suddenly feel that way about him?

He said something funny again, and we shared a laugh. I was staring at those gorgeous brown eyes, watching them light up and shine whenever we laughed together. I finally finished my beer quickly, hoping that the alcohol would shake me out of this feeling.

“So, why aren’t you being a tough guy? The normal asshole that you are in the studio?” I questioned him. My curiosity had got the better of me.

“Coz you got me beer,” he stated, drinking the last mouthful of his. I let him be. I would ask him again, later on tonight when he had had more beer. Then the answer would actually be the real one.

We continued to walk around the streets as they got darker and emptier. Finally, Syn’s phone started ringing. Jimmy wanted to know where we were so he could pick us up and then head over to my place. I felt nervous about letting the guys into my place this early. I still felt like I barely knew them. I told myself to relax. It would be fine.

*Later on that night*

“Ooohhh! Look what I found!” Syn called and I heard Matt’s laughter coming from my bedroom. Wait, what they hell were they doing in my bedroom? Johnny picked himself off my couch and went with me to see what they had found.

“You guys are so immature,” I said, putting my beer down on my dresser and grabbing a sexy piece of lingerie out of Syn’s hands......