Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Monday Morning

“You guys suck,” I joked. It was Monday and they hadn’t got another 10 songs done.

“We tried...” Zacky said sadly. He sounded quite disappointed with himself. Syn pulled his beanie over his face, trying to hide from me. Johnny didn’t make eye contact with me, Matt stared at the ground, and Jimmy sat there twirling his drumsticks.

“Hello?” Someone had entered the studio without knocking. I noticed the video camera in their hands.

“Hi. What are you doing in my studio?” I asked him and female appeared behind him, also holding a camera.

“Uh, we’re here to record you guys producing your album...” he said sounding a bit confused.

“Oh. Sweet. Come in,” I said casually, motioning with my hands for them to enter. Syn put his beanie on his head properly, then came and sat next to me.

“Are we public?” he whispered into my ear.

“Your decision,” I replied as the cameraman set his camera up looking into the vocal recording room.

“Can we get some vocals first?” he asked me and I looked at Matt. He shrugged.

“Just whatever.” Matt stood up and walked over to the door.

“Uh, can I get some bass?” the female asked and Johnny happily obliged to following her into another recording room. As soon as Johnny had left, Zacky stood up and hurried over to the door Johnny had just gone through. About two metres in front of the door, he squatted on the ground.

“What are you doing?” Jimmy asked with a chuckle as he walked over and joined him. Zacky had pulled out a coin from his pocket and was gluing it to the ground.

“That better come off without ruining the carpet,” I commented, but Zacky ignored me.
“I’m in a pranking mood,” he said to Jimmy, who laughed.

“Johnny’s really gullible – he’ll totally fall for the coin on the ground thing,” Syn explained to me as Matt started singing. His voice came through loud and clear. And wrong. I quickly joined him in front of the microphone.

“What are you doing?” I hissed at him.

“Uh... Singing...” he replied, a tad uncertain of what was going on.

“Remember what we discussed the other day?” I questioned. “It’s almost eas-say, not it’s almost eas-ey.” I sung the same line different, reminding him of what tune we had come up with. He repeated it and aced it. We practiced more vocals, the cameraman recording me and Matt singing and criticizing each other until we got the perfect sound. I exited the recording room to find Zacky staring like a lunatic at the door that Johnny was behind. It opened and Johnny walked out with the camerawoman following him closely.

“Oh, look at that,” Johnny said, spotting the coin. He bent over and tried to pick it up. It took him a few times (and everyone cracking up laughing at him) to make him realise that the coin wasn’t coming off the ground. “Oh, ha, ha... Jimmy, you are so dead.”

“Why are you looking at me? It wasn’t me! I swear!” Jimmy quickly said, not wanting to get into trouble for it.

“Who, then?”

“Zacky...” Jimmy said reluctantly.

“Okay Zacky, no more pranks on me and I’ll help you get other people good,” he suggested.

“Fine,” Zacky agreed with him. Today was going to be interesting...
♠ ♠ ♠
Disappointed with the amount of comments :( Do you guys not care about updates anymore? I'll give you 2 updates, but I expect a lot more comments!