Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Escape The Fate

“Why are you two so happy?” Johnny asked me and Syn as we snuggled on the couch in the studio together with massive smiles on our faces.

“Well, they’re tired, super happy, and really into each other at the moment...” Jimmy said, and Matt caught his drift.

“I’d say they finally did it,” Matt finished. Syn squeezed me tightly against him for a second, keeping his ridiculously large smile on his face.

“Anyone could tell by that grin that he’s had sex and it was good,” Zacky commented, fiddling with his acoustic guitar.

“Not good,” Syn started. “Fuckin’ awesome!” Everyone laughed.

“So I was right then?” Mel asked me.

“Yes, you were,” I said with a smile. “Avenged Sevenfold’s guitarists are amazing in bed!”

“So you regret not doing it earlier?” she persisted. She really wanted to prove me wrong about waiting for a while.

“No. It was well worth the wait,” I said and squeezed Syn’s hand. He kissed the top of my head and embraced me tightly.

“And the weird thing is, I don’t regret waiting either,” Brian confessed. Johnny’s jaw dropped.

“What? What did you do with Synyster? Who’s sitting next to you?” he joked.

“My boyfriend’s called Brian, actually,” I said, being a smartarse. Johnny playfully poked his tongue out at me. “Now go make a really good song please.” The boys got up and headed into the recording room to practice yet another song. They left me to talk to Mel alone about the fantastic night I had just had. I think I actually made Melissa a bit jealous with a few of the things I said. I soon realised that Syn would be telling his friends all about the night too.

“Can we listen to them secretly?” Mel asked evilly.

“Of course...” I said and I turned on the microphones to eavesdrop. To my surprise, Syn didn’t go into much detail about what had happened. I thought he would be bragging about every single detail. He was being super happy though, the happiest I’ve ever seen him. I was about to turn the microphones off, but then Johnny said something that caught my attention.

“So, dude, can I have her next?” he asked Syn who laughed. I waited for his answer. I realised this would determine whether or not Syn was actually serious about us being together.

“Of course not,” Syn replied and I let out a deep sigh of relief.

“You must be one of the luckiest guys in the world,” Zacky commented and Mel’s jaw dropped.

“Doesn’t he mean that he’s the luckiest guy in the world? Not Syn?” she asked me and I giggled.

“I know. I was so speechless for a while last night,” Syn said shyly, fiddling with a string on his guitar. “Our relationship is so... unbelievable...”

“Aaawww... He’s sweet, isn’t he?” Melissa asked and I smiled.

“I think I’m the lucky one,” I said, agreeing with Syn that this was surreal. We stopped eavesdropping and went to help them produce a good song.

*Later that day*

“I think we needa call it a day,” Matt suggested after Jimmy fell asleep on the floor of the studio.

“I agree. See y’all tomorrow,” I said and everyone departed. I walked out to the reception area and spotted a familiar face. “Max!” I walked over to him and gave him a massive bear hug.

“Hey Ash!” he said and I noticed Zacky looking at us funny. Mel pulled his hand and he soon disappeared through the door and down the street.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him, ignoring the other guy who was standing behind him.

“Introducing to you our new lead singer,” he replied and the guy stepped forward, holding out his hand. I shook it. “This here is Craig.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said with a smile.

“No, nice to meet you,” Craig said and I ignored that comment.

“So do you have plans for tonight?” Max asked. “We’re in town for the night, so I thought we could hang out and catch up.”

“The rest of Escape The Fate too?” I asked as Syn entered the reception area, putting his coat on and preparing himself for the bitter weather outside. He saw me talking to two random guys and approached me.

“Yeah, they all wanna catch up too,” Max explained as Syn put his arm around my waist. I gave him a quick hug back. I left my arms around his neck and shoulders.

“Hey, can I see you tomorrow?” I begun, thinking of how to put it nicely that I wanted to hang out with Max.

“Old friends?” Brian asked, not taking his eyes off me. Clearly, he didn’t think that these guys were a threat to him. Or maybe he just liked looking at me...

“Yeah.”

“Cool. Just don’t stay up too late; we need your brains tomorrow,” he said with a grin. He gave me a quick kiss and pointed at Max with his fist in a manly way. “Look after her.”

“Boyfriend?” Craig asked as Syn walked out of the building, having a greater posture compared to what he usually did. He must have been trying to act all big and macho to impress my male friends. I didn't mind, though, it just proved he cared.

“Yup,” I answered with a huge smile.

“Oh come on, you know you belong to Maxy when Escape The Fate are in town,” Max said as he put his arm around my waist. I laughed, put my arm around his shoulders and we exited the studio.

That night we walked around town, going to clubs, random shops, and just simply having fun. The only thing I had a problem with was the fact that Craig was flirting a lot with me. Well, Max was too, but that’s just Max. He didn’t have any feelings for me, he had made that clear a year or so ago. It was just his nature around me. But I didn’t know Craig that well, and it seemed like he was trying to constantly pull me away from Max and get me into his arms instead. Even Robert and Bryan (a different guy to my Brian) noticed and commented on it when Craig went off to the bathroom.

Later, I couldn’t get to sleep. I knew this was going to somehow come up in a conversation between me and Brian. How was I going to explain it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Favourite part? Another 5 comments please, my lovely fans, before the next update.

I'd just like to know what you are thinking :)