Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Goodbye

“Well, we’re all done,” I announced to the band and they all looked relieved. All the pressure was off. Their work was done.

“Thank God...” Jimmy said as he stretched, then stood up. Everyone else seemed to follow suit, so me and Mel joined them as they walked out the door. We went out the back exit and stood outside, preparing our goodbyes in our heads. Mel floated into Zacky’s arms. That lucky girl was hired by them to go on tour with them. She was going to be their permanent guitar technician. What girl wouldn’t want to be stuck on a bus for months on end with Avenged Sevenfold? Syn put his arm around my waist.

“So, I guess I’ll see you guys around then?” I said, realising how awkward this moment was. It was ridiculous, we were all great friends, yet we couldn’t say goodbye. I hugged everyone (apart from Syn), but they all just stayed there, staring at the ground. Jimmy looked up and stared at Matt.

“Fine then...” Matt said to Jimmy who smiled with satisfaction. “Ash, we love you so much...”

“Hey! That’s my line!” Syn exclaimed and we all laughed.

“Hey Syn, just stay out of this for a sec, k?” Zacky said and Syn look awfully confused. That look made me suspicious. What had the rest of the band organised without him?

“Anyway!” Matt said loudly, getting my attention again. “’Cause we love you so much, we want you to be our tour manager. What do ya say?” My jaw almost hit the ground. They weren’t serious, were they?

“Are you joking?” Syn asked, getting excited. Obviously he had no clue they were going to ask me that. We had both thought that he was going to go away on tour by himself and leave me behind to work with another band.

“Uh, wow,” I stuttered, not quite knowing how to react.

“You said you’ve done it before. So why not be our manager?” Johnny added.

“I- I would love to be your tour manager,” I managed to say. This resulted in me being completely squashed by all 5 band members.

“Dude, you are the fuckin’ best,” Syn said as he hugged Matt after everyone had let go of me.

“Oh my God! You’re going on tour with me!” Mel said, giving me a quick hug.

“I know! I’m totally excited!” I said as the news finally sunk in.

“Alright Ash, I say we go celebrate!” Syn said, walking over to me with the cutest and naughtiest smile ever.

“What are you up to?” I asked with a giggle. He picked me up in his arms and flipped me over his shoulder. I stared at his stomach, laughing, as he walked off to his car with me. I heard a wolf-whistle. Then I remembered what I was wearing.

“Ah! Syn! Put me down!” I shouted, quickly grabbing at my bottom. My short shorts must’ve been even shorter, and I’m sure the rest of the guys were getting more than they should be. “My shorts are too short for this!” He laughed but kept on going. He turned around to face his band.

“She’s mine! So stop looking!” His best friends laughed boisterously at him and Brian kept on walking with me on his shoulder.

“Babe, put me down please,” I said nicely, but he ignored me. I slapped his stomach, then touched his crotch, hoping to get a reaction. Nope. Nothing at all. Then I gave him a wedgie. That worked. He screamed out in pain, almost dropped me and I heard his band laughing even louder than they had been before. I adjusted my short shorts as he adjusted his boxers.

“You can see why we want you two on tour now, can’t you?” Jimmy called out to us (in between his maniac-like laughter).

“This tour is gonna be so chaotic,” I told Syn as we kept on walking, this time arm in arm.

“I know. But it’s gonna be worth it,” he said giving me a kiss on my head. We reached his car and we got in. He was driving.

“This is seriously a dream come true for me,” I admitted. “I was just too chicken to ask you guys if I could come on tour.” He leant over and gave me a long kiss before he started the car.

“I love you,” he said.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is! The final chapter! I hope you all enjoyed reading it :)

Can everyone who reads this series, even if it is in a years time from now, leave a comment with feedback?

It's not over yet...
Sequel...