Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Creeping Back Into My Mind

*The next night*

Heath and I walked into my apartment giggling. He was going to stay the night, and we had just had a blast together at the movies and then getting dinner. He plonked himself down on my couch as I locked my door. I remembered the reactions of Avenged Sevenfold when they saw Heath. Especially Syn’s reaction. He was not happy about Heath. Which was weird, considering the way he had acted all day long. He was back to his usual ignorant self towards me. I had to shake the thought of Syn out of my head. Tonight was all about my boyfriend, not Syn.

After leaving my phone and wallet on the kitchen bench, I joined Heath on the couch and we snuggled together, talking about life. That was one thing I liked about him. We could talk about anything and everything, and we would talk forever.

“So how is Avenged Sevenfold?” he asked.

“Very cool, actually,” I answered with a small smile. I think we were really bonding and becoming good friends.

“Do I need to be worried about any of those guys?” he wondered and I laughed.

“No...” When I said that, it came out wrong. I sounded doubtful and like I was trying to change the subject. It was meant to sound like it was not a big deal and that I wouldn’t hook up with any of them. If those dazzling brown eyes hadn’t popped back into my mind, Heath wouldn’t have begun to worry.

“What one?” he demanded. I felt his body tense, and his face went from relaxed to concentrating hard. He pulled slightly back out of our cuddle and I felt hurt.

“None,” I said, sounding more forceful and meaningful. He looked away. “Do you not trust me?” When he hesitated, I felt my heart shatter into my stomach. I pulled out of our cuddle completely.

“Oh, no, babe, I didn’t mean that,” he said sympathetically.

“You have every right to not trust me,” I said, looking away as he put his arm around my shoulders. I was thinking back to my half drunk memory of Syn having a body shot off me. If he ever found out, he wouldn’t forgive me.

Another half an hour to an hour passed and then we called it a night. I had work tomorrow and I really didn’t need to be sleepy. We finally had a really cool song that I think has a lot of potential to be on their next album. I had to be wide awake and not tired for the song to be the best it could be.

We went straight to sleep, keeping close to keep each other warm. We hadn’t had sex yet, and we didn’t plan on it for a while. We had both agreed before the relationship started that it was simply for getting to know each other properly before any intimate action was to be happening. I admired him for accepting that.

Heath fell asleep very quickly, so I lay there in his arms watching his serene face. He soon rolled over onto his back, and I snuggled into his chest, listening to his heart beat. After about 10 minutes, I was finally drowsy and ready to sleep. But something kept on creeping back into my mind.

Gorgeous brown eyes. The way he hugged me before leaving. The body shot. The hot concentrating look he got when trying out a new guitar solo. The cute tip of his fedora before he left the studio. The smile he had when I brought him beer when I saved him from Zacky’s dinner.

I fell asleep and dreamt of Syn again.

*The next morning*

“Ashleigh...” I heard Heath’s voice and felt his hand gently shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes, blinking at the bright light.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“9:30,” he replied.

“Oh crap,” I whined. “I’m not gonna make it to the studio in time.” Then I heard the dreaded words no one wants to hear from their boyfriend.

“We need to talk.”