Status: Done.

It's a Syn Loving You

Awkward

Later that day (about an hour after talking to Zacky), Brian approached me.

I hadn’t seen him all day.

I think we were both avoiding each other.

But now we had found each other, and a conversation could NOT be avoided...


“Hey Eva...” Brian said shyly.

Wow!

Brian is NEVER shy!

But it was kinda cute...

“Hey...” I said awkwardly back.

“How are you?” he asked.

“Good. You?”

“Good.”

This was REALLY awkward...

I leaned back against a wall and waited.

We both just stood there quietly.

“I should probably go help Val sell some merch...” I said, trying to get away from the silence. I leaned forward, off the wall, ready to walk away.

“It’s your night off,” Brian said and I looked up at him.

Unfortunately, he was right.

I leaned back on the wall.

“So...” I said, shifting my position a bit.

“So...” he repeated, shuffling his feet.

“Oh, for fucks sake, Brian!” I almost shouted. “What’s up with you?”

He was taken aback by sudden outburst.

He didn’t say anything.

I got off the wall and walked in his direction. I passed him, heading for the door, but he grabbed my arm.

It reminded me of my father.

“You fuckin’ let go of me now,” I hissed evilly and he looked even more shocked.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” he asked.

He reached his hand up to my face, but I ducked far away from his hand. My natural reflex was that he was going to hit me.

“Not EVERY man in this world is going to hurt you Eva!” he whispered, sounding pretty hurt that he couldn’t touch me. “Especially not me!”

I glared away at the ground.

Of course he wouldn’t.

He was one of my closest friends.

I shouldn’t have flinched.

“I’m sorry...” I whispered and he let go of my arm.

He pulled me into a nice hug and I hugged him back. Wow, he’d been working out lately!

“Ya know, I’m sorry for not being able to do anything...” he said sincerely as I enjoyed the company of his muscles around my body. He was slowly rubbing my back in a very comforting way.

“About what?” I asked, pulling out of the hug a bit.

“About your father and all the shit that happened.”

“You couldn’t have done anything anyway...” I said, letting go of him completely.

“I should’ve shot that bastard,” he mumbled and I started laughing. “What? I’m serious!”

“Why do you guys really wish that you could’ve helped me better?” I questioned. “You did so much – I don’t see how you could’ve done any more!”

Zacky and Matt both also wanted to have been able to help me out more.

But they really couldn’t have.

So why do they take the blame for what happened?

Brian suddenly put his arms back around my waist and drew me closer to him.

I shivered, but not in the good way you’re meant to when a guy’s pulling you up to his body.

“See?” he questioned, slightly annoyed. “Calm down. I’m not gonna hurt you.” He tried to sooth me, but I just looked away from his beautiful brown eyes.

“This is silly...” I whispered as he started playing with my hair.

“Why?” he asked.

I still didn’t look him in his eyes.

Why?

Well, moments ago, this was awfully awkward, yet now we’re getting along great.

And, I’m meant to have the crush on you, Brian.

Which means that I’m meant to be the one trying to be all nice, flirty and sweet, not you.

So, why are you doing it to me?

“You’re way more easy going around Zacky,” he commented when I didn’t answer him.

I shrugged and looked up into his eyes.

“Do I say sorry to that? I dunno why I’m like that...” I said as I realised he was right.

“I’m gonna have to hug you a lot more huh?” he joked and I smiled too.

“If you really must...” I said cheekily and he hugged me again.

I felt butterflies dance around in my stomach, even though they hadn’t when he had embraced me before.

“Leave your hands around my neck,” he whispered into my ear right before we both pulled out slightly.

“Why?” I questioned suspiciously, but still obeying him. He smirked.

“I wanna try something...” Brian said, acting all shy and innocent again.

I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion and focused on those stupid butterflies that couldn’t stop flying around and annoying me.

He sighed and I looked away, down at the ground again.

“Close your eyes,” he said quietly and I looked back up at him.

Did I even trust him enough to do that?

I decided to take a chance and shut my eyes, like he asked me to.

I had to trust him, right? We were great friends.

But... If he was going to try anything smart or stupid, I was seriously going to smash him up so fucking bad that he would never--

Oh.

He kissed me.



Even though I should’ve seen that one coming, I really didn’t.

That one kiss...

It was enough to make me fall for Brian.

And boy did I fall hard...