Status: Done.

It's a Syn Loving You

Boyfriend Talk

A month later, I went to lunch with Val.

We talked about our boyfriends and their music and a lot more.

Then a subject related to our boyfriends came up.

Something we’d never talked about before.

Something I hadn’t even considered before.

I was so shocked...


“Would you get married to Brian?” Val suddenly asked and I dropped my mouth, showing her the munched up caramel slice I was eating. “Ew...”

I shut my mouth and quickly chewed it and swallowed.

I was thinking of my response as I did that.

“I don’t think so,” I said honestly, but as soon as I answered, I started questioning myself.

Did I want to?

Were we that serious?

Or was this just another casual relationship in my young life that wouldn’t last for much longer?

“Why not?” she persisted.

“Why are you keen to know?” I retorted and she leaned back in her chair, shrugging.

“You guys just seem like you’re not slowing down. You get better and better together. I was wondering what was next,” she explained, but I felt like she wasn’t being completely honest with me.

“Well he hasn’t shown any signs of wanting to get married,” I said and she looked intently at me. “I didn’t think it was that serious, anyway...”

She looked down at her plate and I looked down at mine, sensing the awkwardness.

“What about you and Matt?” I questioned, trying to get off the topic of me and Brian.

It worked.

She chatted away about her and her lover boy gladly, enjoying the attention.

It actually annoyed me.

But unfortunately, she came right back onto the topic of me and Brian.

“Can you just drop it?” I almost shouted at her.

Her face fell.

“What’s up?” Val asked sweetly.

All I could do was pout my face and try not to cry.

“Aw no, Eva... What’s he done?”

“Nothing...” I mumbled, reaching for my cup of coffee.

She stopped me by putting her hand on mine. I looked up into her eyes, searching for what she wanted.

“Talk,” she ordered and I sighed.

“First, I never considered getting married at such a young age. Sure, I love Brian, but I’m not ready for that kinda relationship,” I explained and Val nodded, listening intently.

“I can tell,” she commented.

“Second... I’ve heard that he might’ve cheated on me...”

Val’s jaw nearly hit the table. Her eyes were the size of the plate we were eating off.

“He what?” she managed to say.

“I said that I have heard, as in someone else has told me, that he might have cheated on me,” I said a bit clearly.

“Oh he’s gonna get it when I next see him...” she growled as she flexed her hands into fists.

I sort of giggled at her lame attempt to cheer me up.

“I didn’t think he did...” I said, pausing.

“But...?”

“But lately... He’s just been acting slightly weird, so now I wonder if he did,” I finished and she rolled her eyes.

“The only way he could do that would be if there was lots of sex, drugs, alcohol and rock ‘n’ roll!” she exclaimed and I glared at her.

“There was. It was at a party, apparently.”

I crossed my arms as her face fell.

“Eva, he wouldn’t have...” she attempted to comfort me, but I really didn’t want to hear it.

She realised and we sat in silence for a minute.

“He must’ve done it...” I muttered and she sighed.

“How about I talk to Matt, and Brian, and find out for you?” she offered.

“That would be good,” I replied and she stood up. “Now?”

“Yup. I’ve gotta know. The suspense is killing me!” she said sarcastically, but I think she actually meant it.

Later that night, I got a text from Val.

‘M@ says he didnt do it. Brian says he didnt either’ read the text and I breathed a sigh of relief.

‘Thats gr8 newz. Thanx’ I text back.

Then my phone went off again.

‘U think im cheatin on u?’

Crap.

Brian had conned on to Val’s questions, obviously.

‘No’ I replied honestly.

‘R u cheatin on me?’ he asked and I was so shocked he’d asked.

‘No! Y wuld i?’

I sat anxiously waiting for his reply.

‘Dunno. Can i come ova?’

‘Sure’

I wondered what the hell he wanted.

Was I in trouble?

And if I was, what for?

I’d done nothing wrong...



He arrived pretty quickly, considering the amount of traffic between his place and mine.

He entered, sat down and we had a very long, very serious conversation about cheating.

Apparently he had come close to cheating on me at that party.

I told him I’d never come close to cheating on him, and I never would.

Then he admitted he was having trouble controlling himself, and even though he was serious about me, he still felt like he wanted something else.

A bit on the side.

I should’ve dumped him there and then.

I clearly wasn’t good enough for him.

But I agreed to help him stop himself from feeling that way.

But I couldn’t...
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is an absolute must read!

The more comments I get for this chapter, the quicker it will be up, ok?

So comment with your favourite bit, just say something, and the next chapter will be up soon!