Status: Done.

It's a Syn Loving You

Friends With Benefits

Later on that morning, the boys told me they were leaving for tour the next day.

Matt told me privately that Val was their tour manager and she would be coming with the band.

He also apologized for moving on with her, but I said I understood and that I had too, even though that was a lie.

After that, he invited me to come on tour with them.

Of course I couldn’t turn that offer down, so I left the next day with them in their small van.

I was ‘hired’ to advertise for them and help Val sell their merch – basically always using my artistic skills to promote Avenged Sevenfold.

After quite a few months on the road, Val and I actually became great friends and I never held a grudge against her.

She was a cool chick and Matt deserved someone good.

I got over Matt.

After one late party, I accidentally let it slip (when I was drunk) that I had developed a crush on Brian.

Apparently, I also admitted that I thought Zacky was totally hot.

Val told me this the next morning, and I knew those two guitarists were NOT going to leave me alone for the rest of the day...


I was outside the bus, sitting on the footpath, drawing another version of the death bat.

I heard footsteps approaching me.

“Eva!” someone called, but I didn’t look up. I knew it would be a guitarist and that they were going to annoy me about my drunk mistakes.

“What ya drawing?” The voice had sat down next to me.

Zacky.

“Death bat,” I replied. I didn’t want to talk to him.

“Awesome... So... Do you know what you said last night?” he asked, watching my face for a reaction.

He didn’t get one.

“Unfortunately...”

“Why unfortunately? If you think I’m hot, it’s fine by me!” he said cockily while laughing.

I never knew he could be so arrogant!

I didn’t laugh.

“You’re so gonna get down an’ dirty with me like ya did with Matt...” he commented, still wanting a reaction from me.

Once again, he didn’t get one.

I’m pretty darn good at ignoring people who are trying to annoy me.

“But Eva, honestly, I don’t get one thing about you...” he said, fading at the end, leaving the question of what he was saying hanging in the air.

He got my attention.

“What?” I stopped adding shading to the right wing and turned my head to look at his eyes.

(Which, by the way, are the most beautiful green eyes you will EVER find on a man...)

“How the hell do you like Brian more than me?” he questioned gently.

He had stopped being cocky about me liking him, and was talking to me like a friend again... The sweet, sweet friend he was to me...

“Who said I did?” I retorted and his green eyes filled with hope and excitement.

“Uh, well, I just assumed that there was, like, a major difference between having a crush on someone and thinking they’re totally hot,” he said while scratching the back of his neck. “Man I sounded like a chick just then...”

We laughed together.

“Yeah you did...” I agreed. “And there is a difference.”

We were both silent for a moment. Suddenly, the cold concrete of the footpath seemed a lot more interesting to stare at than Zacky.

“You’re pretty,” he stated and I looked back at him. He was staring at me with a small grin on his face.

“Um... Thank you?”

That was probably the first time any guy my age had called me pretty. I didn’t know how to react.

“No problem,” he said with a cute smile.

Zacky put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

“You really shouldn’t be alone,” he commented quietly, our faces inches away.

I knew what he wanted.

I took a deep breath in and looked away from him.

“Zacky...”

His other hand came up and gently turned my head towards him.

I majorly tensed. No male had ever put his hand on my face without meaning harm.

“You alright?” Zacky asked, sensing that something was wrong.

He backed away from me slightly.

“Sorry... Old habit...” I said while mentally kicking myself.

If I’d fucked up hooking up with Zacky over a bad habit, I was going to be extremely pissed off at myself.

“I still remember that day you came over to Matt’s house...” Zacky whispered, looking away from me. “Believe it or not, I have nightmares about that day...”

“Aw, Zacky...” I said sympathetically.

I gave him a friendly hug, and he hugged me back.

“Look, I know you have a crush on Brian...” he started.

“What if that’s not true?” I interrupted.

“You do,” he said, seeing right through my attempted lie. “I see the way you look at him.”

I was speechless, so I let him continue.

“So, even though you wanna be with him, can we be... oh, what do you girls call it...? Friends with benefits? Isn’t it?” he asked and I nodded. “So, what do ya say?”

Well, he was totally hot...

And a sweetheart...

“Sure,” I replied and he hugged me again.

“You’re awesome,” he said while ruffling my hair.

“Aw!” I said, ducking out of his reach. I poked my tongue out at him.

“Sorry! I forgot! You have to look all pretty and perfect for Brian!” he teased and we laughed at his joke.



I still feel a bit sorry for Zacky.

Why?

Because he had no idea that he was right...