The Game

Beginner Gameplay Strategies

Hello eager gamers! If you're reading this, you've probably just bought our new game. Here are some methods for the best gaming experience. Happy playing!

The Basics: You're given a 'loser' and an unlimited amount of people, tragedies, and physical and mental characteristics of which to give to the loser. Basically, you get to be God. The object? You put the loser through as much shit as you want before he snaps. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Go ahead, make him a freak. Or you can just make him as plain as possible, let him fade into the woodwork, so no one will torture him but you. Don't hold back on giving him a loving family and friends, that's for amateurs. Advanced players know the better technique is to give only to take away. So give him a friend, hell, give him a few, if you're really good you can even let him be a pretty popular guy, a handful of friends everywhere he goes. But it's vital to give him a best friend. Hell, make that friend latch onto him like a leech. That way, it'll hurt so much more when you snatch them away. Careful, don't take the friend too soon, or it won't be as effective.

An easier route would be attacking his family. Feeling daring? Go for his mother. Oh, but don't take her away right off the bat either. Make sure the loser is old enough to remember, taking her too early is a rookie mistake. If you're patient enough, give her a long-term illness. Make her slowly rot away. Oh but don't let that hope of survival fade away. It's so much more entertaining to watch the loser wish and pray and never fully accept the thought of her death.

It's vital that you never kill the loser's sense of optimism. It'll keep him going so much longer. He'll always be looking on the bright side, so your next attack will be much more effective. It can make him seem so sweet and caring towards others. He'll go out of his way to help other people. The loser hates to see people suffer. He'll watch out for his family, he'll always be there for his friends. The loser loves to help, that can keep him going as well. He might even take a bullet for his friends, but NEVER do that. You never kill your loser. A common technique is to dangle his own mortality right in front of his face. But make sure it doesn't kill him, though you can use that to your advantage as well. Physical pain is an underrated move. Have you given your loser a gift for sports? Now's your shot, take that away too.

And don't be afraid to use combo attacks. Sparing him from an attack and then taking someone else is a popular move. You can even try taking more than one person at once. The loser is surprisingly tough. In fact, you can make your loser a pretty well-rounded guy. Make him an athlete, make him funny, make him big so your run-of-the-mill bullies won't move in and make him miserable. That's your job, only beginners would do that. Give him a girl, make her pretty and nice and fun. Get her all over him, he'll eat that up.

But a very common mistake is making your loser smart. Never ending confusion about other people and lack of competence in simple tasks can take quite a mental toll on your loser. But you probably shouldn't play it up too much. Let him make jokes about it, give him a few skills that make him seem somewhat average. Never allow the loser to let others know how ashamed he is of his lack of intelligence.

Above all, it's very important to create a balance. Depriving your loser of everything simply spoils the fun. Play around with the different attributes you can give him. Never let things be cut and dried, keep them fresh for an extra sense of emotional confusion. You can even let your loser's optimism and gift for people make him feel useful now and then. Mix up your hope and pain.

Now, ending the game. The best way is simple, take away his optimism. Little by little, or all at once, with an obvious reason or without one, this move's really the only way to go. Now, it's only a matter of time before the loser can't take it anymore.

Game over.