Naturally Freaky

Darby and Siobhan

Darby and Siobhan sat cross-legged in Darby's tent, re-applying makeup before they had to go back out and do their jobs. Siobhan cleared her throat and spoke for the first time in four hours.

"Do my eyes look even?"

Darby squinted and examined Siobhan's mascara. "Yes," she answered. "but you missed a spot with the white." She reached in with her sponge and rubbed white powder over Siobhan's cheek. "Perfect." She smiled.

"Sometimes I wish I could wear your makeup instead," Siobhan said, eying Darby's red lipstick and blue eyeshadow. "Or your wig."

Darby picked the huge multicolored afro up and positioned it over her short brown ponytail. "You should be glad you don't have to wear a wig. They're actually quite itchy."

Siobhan shrugged. "So's the hat." She put the black beret on and fixed her braid behind it.

"Well, I wish I could wear your outfit," Darby said, putting the huge pants over her legs.

"No, you don't!" Siobhan insisted, pulling at the thick fabric of her striped top. "Black absorbs heat. I'm sure you get a nice breeze in those trousers."

"Of course," she responded, fastening her suspenders. "Delightful." Darby slipped on her huge yellow shoes and headed for the exit.

"I think you're forgetting something," Siobhan said with a smirk. She held up an oversized bow tie, red in color, with white polka dots.

"Shut up, Siobhan," Darby murmured, taking her neckwear from Siobhan's fingers.

"Not like I have a choice," she said dryly, tying her shiny black shoes.

Fully in costume, the pair left the tent together and went out toward the stage.