Living Dead Next Door

Walk It Off

I was back at school, by the time I got to school it was lunch time so I was sitting with Hayley and her friends, trying to indulge in their conversations but my mind kept thinking about the conversation I had with the Harpers.

-Flashback-

“Wait, do you mean there’s another vampire in town?” I asked hoping it wasn’t true.

If it was true then this vampire had no problem in killing humans, they didn’t care about ‘laying low’ not like the Harper family, at least they showed remorse when they killed someone usually by accident.

“What gave it away?” Zenna said sarcastically

“Zen give it a rest, we have to figure this out” Cain said frustrated.

Zenna looked at her brother strangely then glared at him before walking off to the lounge to watch Tv, as soon as she flicked it on there was a special report about the body that was found.

“Hey guys the news is on, it’s about that girl” Zenna shouted.

We all walked into the room, Claire sat down on the arm rest of the couch, Bruce rested his hand on her shoulder, Cain and I were standing next to eachother behind the couch, everyone was quiet, listening intently to what the reporter had to say.

“We have just got some new information on the body of the girl whom was found today, the police has discovered the identity to be 20 year old Madison Kale, she worked as a receptionist at the 4 star hotel, her shift ended at 12pm as she began her long walk home from her car battery dying” The reporter stated.

“The police have left out the exact information but have reason to be believe it was a murder, with that we share caution to everyone until the person has been caught, now here is Eric Battle with the sports, Eric...”

“Thanks Alicia, I’m Eric Battle...” Bruce turned the Tv off, and threw ithe remote across the room, I jumped which made Cain grab my arm gently then pul it away.

“We’ve been in this town for 3 years, and now some nut job comes here and ruins it!” Bruce yelled.

Claire got up to calm him down, she was rubbing his shoulders whispering to him.

“Sweetie don’t worry, a hunter probably won’t even catch wind of this” She reassured him.

Bruce agreed with his wife, then walked off into the kitchen muttering something under his breath I couldn’t quite catch.

“Sum sweetie, I think it’s best you go back to school” Claire smiled at me.

I opened my mouth ready to say I was fine staying here until Cain cut me off.

“She’s right, besides we have to feed I’ll drive with you just in case since there is a rogue vampire out there” Cain joked.

I just nodded, as I followed Cain out the door and to my car, he got into the drivers seat.

The car drive was quiet, the only thing you could hear was the sound of the car engine as Cain sped through the streets, he was gripping the wheel tightly, I glanced over to him when I noticed his eyes were getting red, and he kept clenching his jaw.

As we pulled up to school I was still sitting there when Cain took the keys out the ignition and gave them to me, I felt like I had to say something.

“Thanks, how will you get back?” I regretted saying that straight away.

Cain laughed under his breath “vampire...remember” he mumbled trying not to open his mouth.

I smiled knowing it was a stupid question.

“Look Summer can you just go” He snapped.

I was taken back at his sudden change in his personality but with fear I stumbled to find the handle, once I found it I opened it quickly, waved at Cain then walked into the school unsure what happened.

I looked back and saw Cain was gone, I clicked the beeper on my keys hearing the sound go off signalling my car was locked.

-End of Flashback-

I snapped back into reality by Hayley clicking her fingers.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Bell went, we gotta go to English, and see our extremely hot teacher Mr King again” Hayley squealed in excitement, I laughed at her as we walked off to class.

Mr King was another thing everyone talked about, well mainly just the girls.

We both entered the classroom, Mr King looked up, smiled then marked us on the roll.

“Glad you finally joined us girls, take a seat” Mr King said gesturing to the seats.

“Oh My God” Hayley whispered.

I looked at her, she jerked her head to the left, telling me to look over there, so I did and saw a boy sitting near the back across from us, he had brown hair, he seemed quiet.

I mouthed hot to Hayley she agreed, as we both giggled and continued with our school work.

Throughout the class the boy kept glancing over to us, that’s when I recognised he was the guy who helped me this morning, his name was Ben.

Finally the bell rung, Hayley and I got up, we were walking out the door, I looked over my shoulder and saw Ben walk up to Mr King and start talking to him it looked important, I was still watching them with my phone out flicking through it trying not to be too suspicious, when Ben said something that gave Mr King a shocked reaction, with that he glanced at the door and saw me looking at them both, he walked over and shut the door.

I shook my head ignoring what happened, and caught up with Hayley to go to our next class, thank God this school day was nearly over.
♠ ♠ ♠
title is 'Walk It Off by Angus & Julia Stone'

sorry about the spelling mistakes, it's 1:20am I'm tired but really wanted to update, going through it now trying to fix the mistakes but thanks for reading!

don't forget to comment and subscribe xx