Living Dead Next Door

Dirty Little Secret

Cain and Zenna tied me to a chair in their basement, it looked nothing like their nice clean house that was just upstairs, I take it they don't let a lot of people down here.

They put a bandana around my mouth stopping me from screaming, I started to breath heavy, I can't believe I'm about to get killed by vampires because of my stupid curiosity!

Zenna started walking toward me smiling and evil grin, she had anger in her eyes.

"You've seen too much Summer" she slapped me.

my scream in pain was smothered, you could barely hear it, the slap was cold and fast and for a vampire you know it's strong.

"I think you know why we brought you down here" she walked around me

"You see, we can't let our little secret get out, there are hunters out there and I don't know about Cain but I hate being hunted" Zenna stood back next to Cain, he had is arms crossed and was staring at me frowning.

"So you understand why we have to kill you, it's not personal, you seem like a pretty cool person and we could've been friends..." She leaned down towards me

"IF YOU DIDN'T LOOK THROUGH MY WINDOW!" she laughed

"Didn't anyone tell you it's rude to spy on people, I mean we could have all been watching TV right now laughing and enjoying each others company" She stood up and turned the basement light on.

I looked around, there was a fridge, and bloody knives, spiders and a tank which had a python in it.

Zenna picked up a knife, I started crying, trying to get out of the chair, pleading for them not kill me but no one could understand a thing I was saying.

I was screaming some more until Cain grabbed Zenna's arm stopping her.

"Cain what are you doing?" Zenna asked, she was angry and confused.

"Mum and Dad said we couldn't kill another one of our neighbors Zen, they said take care of it but we couldn't kill her" Cain grabbed the knife off her and put it back down.

I sighed in relief,

'Oh my God! I'm not gonna die! Thank God wait...take care of it? what the fuck does that mean?!'

I started freaking out again, what were they going to do to me.

"Shit, what the hell are we meant to do then" Zenna hissed.

"Why are you asking me, you're the one who got caught hovering over your bed...not me" Cain spat

They were both glaring at each other,

"We could turn her" Zenna looked up at Cain with a raised eyebrow waiting for his opinion.

Cain scoffed "Yeah cause that's all we need, a newbie vampire running around, we are meant to be low key Zen, and besides you're not that heartless to do that to her"

I was surprised, he was sticking up for me.

Zenna ran a hand through her hair and let out an exhausted sigh, she looked at me, I was staring back at them.

She walked over to me and grabbed my arms tight.

"I'm going to remove this bandana, you scream and I'll slit your throat, despite what Cain said" Zenna removed the bandana.

I started to breath properly, my face was flushed from trying to yell for help.

"You guys can trust me not to tell anyone, I swear!" trying to bargain with vampires was incredibly stupid, but I was desperate.

"That's the only thing we can do" Cain scoffed as he went to untie my hands and feet.

"We have to trust a human, this is going to fun" he muttered

Zenna shook her head, she was not happy with this decision.

"Fine" she walked up to me, we were standing face to face

"But if you say anything to anyone, I'll rip your heart out of your chest with my bare hands, got it" I nodded quickly

"Good" she smiled "now get out of here!"

I nodded again and ran upstairs, only to realise my bags were in Cains car and they had my cellphone.

'crap, I don't wanna go back down there and ask them'

I turned around and Cain was right behind me, he handed me my cellphone.

"Come one, I'll help with your bags" I followed him to the garage as he got all my bags and started walking me back to my house.

"Why are you so nice when Zenna is angry like all the time" I was hesitant at asking, he was a vampire after all.

Cain laughed

I was shocked, just before they wanted to kill me and now they are back to normal, bi-polar much?

"Zen is pretty nice just don't get on her bad side, but make no mistake you breathe a word about us and I'll kill you without a second of remorse" He handed the bags to me and winked.

I was just standing there, not knowing what to say, my mouth was opening and closing like a fish.

"see you at school tomorrow Sum!" he waved and went inside his house.

I raced upstairs and locked my door, I couldn't believe I had just survived that, I was sure they would kill me.

I was not looking forward for school tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song title is 'Dirty little Secret by All American Rejects'

hope you liked this chapter, may be a bit rushed because I just wanted to get it up seeing how I kept putting off writing it lol the next chapter Summer goes to her new school