Living Dead Next Door

Untrust Us

I put my hand on the door knob and entered the classroom.
The teacher stopped talking and looked at me, as did everyone else.

I blushed "sorry, I got lost"

Everyone chuckled, which made me nervous and blush even more.

"That's ok, you haven’t missed much” the teacher looked about 30 he had short brown hair and he didn’t smile much.

I smiled and touched my hair.

"I assume you are Summer Davis" he said while looking through the class roll.

I nodded.

"Please take a seat at the back, my name is Mr King" He went back to his lecture as I found a seat next to a bright red haired girl at the back.

I sat down next to her and smiled; she smiled back and went back to her work.

‘Guess she doesn’t talk a lot’

I got my books open and wrote down the notes on the board.

I was nearly finished writing when a piece of paper hit my head, I looked around and saw Cain smirking at me; his eyes darted down to the paper.

I picked it up and read it:
‘Meet Zen and I at lunch, back of school.’

I looked over at Cain and just nodded.

The class went by quick, which was good, I started to walk to find my next class when I got a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and saw the quiet red haired girl.

“Hey, Summer right? I’m MHayley, I’ll help you find your next class” she grabbed my class schedule

“Oh cool you have math next with me” she smiled and began walking.

I started to follow her, trying to think of a conversation starter, this walk to class was an awkward silence.

I opened my mouth to say something but hayleyl beat me to it.

“Sorry about not talking to you in last class, I’m always like this on the first day” she smiled at me

“Oh ok, that’s fine, I’m like that too sometimes” I said a bit too fast

Math class went slow and then finally it was lunch, Hayley invited me to sit with her but I told her I had something to do first.

At lunch time everyone walks fast to get to their seats, the halls were crowded, it was going to be hard trying to find Cain and Zenna.

I stopped and looked around.

‘Crap, where the hell am I’

“Oi Summer!” Zenna yelled out from god knows where

I looked around and saw Zenna and Cain far away; I sighed and walked over to them.
Cain was leaning against a tree smoking while Zen was sitting down on the ground holding a bottle filled with thick red liquid.

I shuddered

“Is that…” I pointed to the bottle

Zenna looked down and laughed

“Yeah, well it’s better than killing someone now isn’t it?” she looked at me like I was stupid

Cain finished his cigarette and sat down with his back against the tree,
“So you want to ask us some questions” he raised his eyebrow

“Umm…sure” I hesitantly sat down
I waited for them to say something, but after a while I realized they were waiting for me to ask them questions.

“Well…H-how are you guys able to be out in the sun?” I was picking at the grass

“Vampires burning up in the sun is a myth, we can go out in complete sunlight but it hurts a tiny bit” Zen said after drinking blood out of the bottle.

I mouthed an ‘oh’ and looked at the ground.

‘I wonder how many questions I can ask them without them getting angry’

I decided to just go for it, ask them all the questions that were going around in my head.

“Are you guys really brother and sister? Can you read minds like in Twilight? How do you get the blood if you don’t kill anyone…” I started asking every questions that popped into my head really fast.

“Wait, slow down!” Cain stopped me.

“We are really brother and sister, it’s a long story, but no vampires can’t read minds, just because it happened in Twilight doesn’t mean it’s true” Cain said harshly

“I mean do you see Zen and I shining like diamonds? No!” I guess he doesn’t like Twilight.
Zen rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Our mother volunteers at the blood drive twice a week, that’s how we get blood” Zen said quickly so Cain would stop talking.

I sighed in relief, that means they probably won’t try and kill me

“but…we do bite people and steal their blood, when we bite them they pass out and lose their memory” Cain told me

‘great’

“yeah, I mean from time to time we slip up and drink too much and they die” Zen shrugged her shoulders.

The bell rung stopping our little questionnaire, I was glad about that, the more I find out about them the more I was cautious around them.

I got up quickly and walked back into the school to my next class.

The day went slow, all first days do, but finally I was at home.

STRANGER POV

I know there are vampires at this school, I will find them and I will hunt them down and kill them!

My father’s death will mean something; I will slaughter every vampire I find.

It’s going to be hard finding these cold killers but I’ll do what it takes.

END STRANGER POV
♠ ♠ ♠
there will be more about the hunter, you will find out who it is soon...I was having trouble writing this chapter I'm a bit busy so I may take a bit to do more chapters but they will be done =]

the title was from the song 'Untrust Us by Crystal Castles'

This is Hayley|

and the teacher Mark King