Living Dead Next Door

Redrum Is ***

I was sitting at the kitchen table eating my cereal just thinking while my parents were in the lounge room watching the news, if Zen and Cain were actual brother and sister then that must mean they got turned into vampires the same time.

“In other news a body of a 20 year old girl was found, police haven’t released the cause of death but here is Deputy Creber” Just as that was said my head whipped around to the TV.

I got up and sat down on the couch turning it up.

“It is very tragic of what happened, we have no leads or identification of the woman just yet but I will say this, time of death was around 1am but her body is already pale and cold, there are bite marks, looks to be from an animal” the Deputy had sadness in his eyes.

My mum turned off the TV, “Sweetie go get ready for school.

I just nodded, as I was getting ready for school the only thing I was thinking about was that girl, the only people that could have done that was Zenna or Cain, but they said they don’t kill humans.

I finished getting ready and stormed out the door, I got in my car hoping to avoid them.

Once I reached school I saw Hayley talking to her friends, as I was walking up to them I could already hear what they were talking about, what everyone in the school was talking about.

“I’m telling you guys! My Dad is a police officer and he said no only did she have a few bite marks, her blood was completely drained!” Hayley was telling everyone.

My mouth dropped, that solves it, Zenna and Cain did this, and I knew they weren’t at school today because earlier they mentioned they needed to feed, but it sounds like they already have.

As I was walking out the school, I wasn’t looking and ran into someone and fell to the ground, I looked up trying to see who I ran into but he was standing in the sun, all I could see was him walking off and a different guy walk up to me.

“Are you okay?” he gave me his hand and helped me up.

“Y-yeah I’m fine thanks, I’m just..” I trailed off, trying to look at the person who knocked me over.

“You’re just in a hurry” he smiled.

I looked back at the person who helped me, I nodded.

“I’m Ben” he smiled again.

“I’m Summer, I gotta go” I said quickly and ran off to my car and sped away from school to the Harpers house.

I reached their front door and started banging on the door, when Claire, their mother answered the door smiling.

“Why hello Summer dear what brings you here?” she tilted her head to the side a tad, the way she opened her mouth when she talked I could see her fangs.

I shuddered “Cain or Zenna in?” I said trying to barge past her but she is strong.

“They are, won’t you come in” She moved to the side of the door smiling.

Once I walked into the house Cain was already there at the bottom of the stairs, leaning on the rail smirking with his arms crossed.

I glared at him “Why did you do it?!” I yelled standing only inches away from him, I wasn’t scared.

Cain glared back at me, then raised his eyebrow.

“Do what?” He said in a harsh but confused voice.

“A body of a girl was found, they say it was an animal but according to Hayley her blood was completely drained” I said snapping at him.

“What and you automatically assume...” Cain stopped himself and sighed.

“Zen” His fists rolled up.

“Mum where is Zenna?” Claire was suddenly right next to us, she shrugged.

“What’s happened Cain?” Bruce Harper showed up, knowing something was wrong.

“Where the fuck is Zenna?!” Cain beamed, gliding through the house looking for her.

Just then the door slammed close, “I’m right here” she walked over to us.

“What did you do Zen?” Everyone was looking at her, Zen just had a clueless look on her face.

“A body was found” Claire whispered, I could tell she was hoping Zenna didn’t do it.

Zenna scoffed “and straight away you guys think it was me”

Cain punched the wall, making a hole, he grabbed her and threw her against the wall.

“You’re the only one that has ‘slipped’ and killed someone, goddamit Zen we have to lay low what part of that don’t you understand” Cain let her go, and ran a hand through his hair calming himself down.

“I didn’t fucking do it! I was out getting blood from the blood drive for us” as she said that she got two jars out of her bag showing them to us.

We were all confused, “B-but if Zenna didn’t do it, then who did?” I asked looking around.

All four of them shrugged

Bruce sighed “there must be another one in town”.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm who ran into Summer?

really late, getting a bit stuck on this story but I will try to updat more..the title is the song 'Redrum is Murder by A Beautiful Lotus'.

I changed the look of the character Ben King (the teachers brother) so look in characters, I also put up a picture of the new vampire in town, thanks for reading!! comment & subscribe please xoxo

this is Ben King